#895177 03/17/04 01:32 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by sigma:
Quote:

Your assumption is faulty as a large portion of gay men are not into anal sex any more than all women are into anal sex.

Exactly.

Homosexual men love men, not necessarily love having their ass hurt. Your tolerance of pain doesn't go up when you're homosexual.

I think all Gay Men would be "Tops" if they could

Not true in the least. In most cities, there is an overabundance of "Bottoms". Discounting the "Victorian Bottoms", my term for those who like submission and not sex, there are still a large number of men who like being on the receiving end.

I could say more, but I think I'm already beyond TMI.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
#895178 03/17/04 01:48 AM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
good call James, this thread is getting waaay beyond TMI.

Personally, I am against gay marriage. Marriage is not only a legal bond, but a spiritual bond as well, designed to be between a man and a woman. To alter the structure of that union, IMHO as a married man, weakens it, and takes away its meaning. (Not that the extreme ease of divorce doesn't either, but that's a different topic entirely.)

And while I find the act(s) that define homosexuality personally revolting, the fact of the matter is that it is accepted by this society whether I agree with it or not. Because it is accepted by the general population, I don't see an issue with creating some other legal bond, that would be equivalent to marriage to the government that homosexuals and others could use as an alternative to marriage. I don't feel that the current allowances for gay couples in regards to benefits etc. from companies are fair at all to hetero couples that are not married, so I think an alternative legal bond would help to balance the whole situation out, while not cheapening the bond of marriage.

I know, its semantics, but sometimes, that's all there really is.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#895179 03/17/04 02:15 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Rara:
cheapening the bond of marriage

That's all I keep hearing, but, I don't understand HOW.

What is it about same-sex marriage that will suddenly make YOUR marriage any less meaningful to you?

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#895180 03/17/04 02:16 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I had posted this earlier, and really do not think those opposed to gay marriage have offered their opinion on this idea.

Originally posted by zgendron:

Originally posted by JaTo:

Redefining a religious and secular union whose very definition that has withstood millenia of change is messing something that has been commonly held by religions and secular/religions/pagan governments of the world throughout time. In short, marriage is religious and could be considered secular as well (not all that are married observe any religious practice or notion); it doesn't change the fact that the very definition of "marriage" has been known to be (1) man and (1) woman in secular, pagan or the most religiously-devout Christian civilizations that have existed on this planet.

In short, let's call something different than marriage, well, something different than marriage and give it the same status and rights as observed by law, i.e, civil unions, joinings, bonding, pairing, whatever, just call it something different because it is.

I totally agree that under current US law, gays and lesbians are discriminated against. I think this can be easily fixed without destroying/changing an institution that has ages of heritage behind it and alienating those with strongly-held religious beliefs.

Just call it something different than marriage and offer up the same rights, protection and punishment under law. I'm repeating myself here; let me know if I've misunderstood or misrepresented any point you were trying to make.

Jato, I understand your reasoning behind calling the it a civil union. However, isn't seperate hardly ever equal in this country? I fear that no matter how you try to spin it, it will always be seen as something less than a marriage. It is for this reason that I offer up another possible solution.

What would you think about calling all "marriages" as they are today as Civil Unions for legal and secular unions. As so many of our laws are tied to marriage, why not change this word throughout the lawbooks to Civil Union. Marriage, therefore, would be reserved for all religious or other spiritual unions. The government would no longer offer marriage licences, but rather ONLY civil union licences.

I'd be interested others point of view...

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#895181 03/17/04 02:25 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I posted the same thing earlier to JaTo. It'd be hard to find, but he addressed it when I asked it.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#895182 03/17/04 02:52 AM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Civil Unions works for me,

I don't understand marriage in general. It makes no sense to me to have the Govt issues couples a piece of paper that states that Govt. recognizes your commitment. The commitment is between two people, not two people and the Govt. sponsoring office. Wanna priest involved to sanctify your marriage, thats fine, then it becomes your own commitment being noted and naproved in the eyes of your God.

I'm not married but have been in a LTR for 10yrs and have a great 9yr old daughter to show from it. Do I feel our relationship is not at strong as others who are married, not in the slightest. I laugh as they all get divorced and pay the lawyers. If you think a marriage is gonna stop divorce, cheating.......... think again! Marriages are a complete joke to me, with over 50% getting divorced I see no point and have to contain my laughter to people who say "there" marriage is different and that it will last. I say F it, flip a coin. It comes up tails. Stay single!

I think the lawyers are backing the gay marriage idea as a way to generate more money.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
#895183 03/17/04 03:08 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by sigma:
I posted the same thing earlier to JaTo. It'd be hard to find, but he addressed it when I asked it.

My bad...

Must have missed it in the 300 posts...

Can't believe there have been this many posts in such a short period of time!

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#895184 03/17/04 02:23 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I think the 50% failure rate of heterosexual marriages cheapens the bond of marriage itself.

1998 Ford Contour GL Sport 2.5 V6 MTX in Black @ 322ks BMW 335i = Lexus IS350 in your rearview mirror
#895185 03/17/04 03:52 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I just wish I was queer, so I could get chicks.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
#895186 03/18/04 03:46 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by myfastse:
I got an Idea.

We have the "let them do it" crowd and the "Don't let them do it" crowd.

Well call it the Do's and Donâ??ts

Let Gay marriages happen and see what happens.

If the world goes to [censored] , most likely won't happen, we really can't say for sure, The donâ??ts can look and the do's and yell " I told you so " like a 4 year old

If the world doesnâ??t go to [censored] , subjective to opinion where we are really headed with or with out Gay marriages, the Do's can look at the Donâ??ts and yell " I told you so " like a 4 year old.

This is the only way to settle this argument.

gay marriages aren't going to be the down fall or anything.

As for 1394,
If your god, could see all, past present and future, he would have addressed this problem long ago. He would have made it normal. Or he would have made it impossible. There is a limit to his power, and if you wan't to get straight down to it. Throught out all history, there has been some god(s) people believe in. Giving faith, hope, and meaning to people's life. I personally, can go either way. I don't express my opinion often on the subject, as, i am often accused of horrible things. I do not really believe in a god, not one or any for that matter. I am not against those who do believe, that is fine. I have a happy life, my life goes on, with great joy, everyday, happy as I can be. I don't need to pray, or praise the lord for whatever I need, or want. I don't pray for people. I don't really wish people good luck even. I don't really believe in it. My life, has never been affected in a way that I would need to, or even care. Once I did go to church. I used to go. My life got a little happier, had something to look for. But, I found it was more of a waste of time, from friends and family who didn't go to church with me. I found that, within the teen church, that they were messed up. Druggies, people obessed with sex, or alcohol. None of them, were anything special. All of my life, I have been a great child. A+ student until I dropped out in 2000 (10th grade) and got my G.E.D. scored a average of 93%, from there I worked two jobs. working my ass of to pay for school. School came easy to me, and became a waste of time. I have bigger and better things in life. And well, a god or any gods, were not in the picture. I have a strong will, and my overall belief, has been brought up by many people through out my life, and history. God is something to believe in, for faith, meaning, and hope. People through out history have needed those things. People believe strang things. Some have stuck through the years, like religion, other such as covering your mouth when yawning and sneezing, was once thought to let evil out, thats why people covered their mouth. I do not believe god is real, or ever was. No matter what historians try to prove. Stories have been handed down, since the dawn of time. And until technology can find, a way to say, hey this is jesus, or hey this is budda's body. I will never believe. But everyone else, can. Thats fine. But, I don't believe there is a god, and the god you believe, in my eyes, can not see the future. If he could, gays would have been in the bible, or gays wouldn't exist. But they do, and its a problem. I know I went way off topic, in bit and parts. But, that is my reason about god, and gay marriages.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard