Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I just emailed Hella. That price was to include the lights. If you just want the housing, I think it can be done for $275. These are very early numbers. The guy I talked to at the manufacturer thinks he can shave some more here and there. I do not know what Hella is going to do. Some of their lights are pretty expensive. I have just started the process of finding lights for the holes. I have asked them to quote a price for the 90mm lights because these should fit the best.

By the way, does anyone know where I can buy a headlight for fitment? It does not need to be pretty.

Last edited by 98LXSESport; 03/08/04 07:00 PM.
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I am in, those look nice.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
i would buy a set

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
So are you going to do these for the pre-98's or not?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:

Can you please check out DeanJoyce's group buy and look at the style and fitment of the photoshopped lights as well as the ones on the black SVT, how close are they to looking like this.

Paintable is a must.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I'm interested. Just want to see final details.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by jon_mason14:
So are you going to do these for the pre-98's or not?

As of now there is not any plans for it. If you give me some pretty exact dimensions I can begin to make a plan. As it stands now, nothing has been drawn for the pre-98s.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Originally posted by 98LXSESport:

Can you please check out DeanJoyce's group buy and look at the style and fitment of the photoshopped lights as well as the ones on the black SVT, how close are they to looking like this.

Paintable is a must.

I can't do much with a photoshopped picture. It is pretty difficult to work in 3D from those pictures. Of course my inspiration came from the morrettes and I have no intention of stealing DeanJoyce's thunder. He seems busy and I wanted to find some lights for myself. If I were going to just buy ohne set for myself it would cost over $20000. That is the setup cost for these guys to make these lights. This cost stays the same no matter how many assemblies I have made. If someone wants to buy 1000 units to sell, we could get these for next to nothing.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I like the idea but if dean is going to stick with his plans, i will be going with him. If not, then obviously you will be the only other option. I am not a fan of the LED holes at all though. i dont think it goes with the car. also i think that they should be more to the side rather than crammed up front because that leaves too much dead space on the sides. Thats just my oppinion though.
Oh, and are the Hellas a projector light or just a regular lamp? can wee see a pic of the lights you have in mind?

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Who's doing them in Houston?

I've got a spare set of OEM ones for a donor fit.

Questions, since I've been down this road:

(1) Fit is important, OEM is best. You do realize that A LOT of cutting will have to be done to the car to fit the 90mm in there, UNLESS they push the actual lighting assembly out farther.

(2) 90mm Hella is best, what bulb assemblies will be accepted? H7, H9, etc.?

(3) SEAL. If these can be OEM sealed, AWESOME.

(4) PRICE. $350 is dirt cheap for a lighting assembly like that INCLUDING the Hella's.

I have MM Xenons, love them to death, and they work fabulously ONCE I sealed everything, but that was a trial and error thing.

Here's an idea of what fitment with the hella's in low and high look like:

As for buying tons of sets, I'm sure EVERY 98+ would buy them here if they're at $350 per light, because OEM are $250 per light (so ~$500 total OEM vs. ~$700 for these).

Suneil

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard