Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Haveing see the need for new headlights, I spent hundreds of hours researching our ability to get aftermarket lights. I have a company willing to make a design for a price in our ballpark. I know there is interest, but I need a better idea of how much for a good price. The tooling price is the killer unless we can get a large amount of people willing to buy these. I am not going to ask for a deposit or any money up front. If this happens, you will pay when your lights are finished and they will be shipped to you. Here are some pics to help with the interest.
http://www.geocities.com/rmforr2/
The small holes are for LEDs, and the large holes will fit the Hella Lamps. I am going to talk to Hella and see if I can't get a huge bulk of these and put them in before shipping. This should keep the cost lower. Let me know what you think. The company that would make them is ready to go. If there is anyone with an old headlight laying around, I will pay you to send it to them for correct fitment.

Last edited by 98LXSESport; 03/08/04 05:53 PM.
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
I'm down - and I can spare a square till April 24th - I think I'm buying new lights anyway for a show I'm doing.

If they can have a piece by April 24th - prototype or not - that would be great.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
by the way - you need to hose your pictures somewhere other than Geocities or just link them instead the pictures will not come up otherwise.

What's the price for just one? Assuming you don't get bulk.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
My only question is how much, but also what is Dean doing?

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
all i see is X. i have been falling way behind with the morette-style lights. if theres a company out there that is willing to do a set of lights, i'd say DO IT. my project is in the working, but its a very slow process being that im the owner of my biz and its been picking up a lot lately, not to mention the raceway is now open and i go there weekly with the accord and in between that im trying to get the mystique ready in time for a show mid-april in NJ. so, lets see some pics...

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
For the pics go to http://www.geocities.com/rmforr2/ and just click through the links. These look like they are going to be pretty nice, and i'll be the first to say we need completed pics.

ATX -
Originally posted by bnoon:
Get enough HP/TQ and some traction and you can race a ricer one handed while sipping a slirpy. Nothing wrong with that.

<font class="post"> 16.251@85.42 mph
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Just a suggestion if it's even possible but you may want to set those small holes for the leds (which I am assuming will be for turn signals) 6 wide and 3 high instead of the opposite. Just seems to me they would wrap more around the headlight that way and be easier to see from the side. My 'Tour is going into severely long term storage in a few months but I might still be interested depending on the price/how Dean comes out with his Morette project.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Obviously, nothing is set in stone yet. I just got off the phone with these guys a few hours ago. I wil tell you where we are at. The asseblies will be made of ABS plastic as it is strong and can be painted. It is also cheaper than other materials. Alot of bady parts are already made of this stuff, so it is proven durable. We are looking to keep the price around $350. If we could get 10,00 guys than maybe we could get them for $50. Since that is highly unlikely, I am expecting to order 100 sets. I plan on inventorying the unsold units. If you can see the pics, you will see that these are for the 98+. To make them for the others, starts the process all over. I am not against doing them, but it is a huge process for me to design them. The design is simple. I did not have any collaboratin on the project. I like the idea of changing the direction of LEDs. I just did not think of it. If there are any other ideas, I would appreciate some feedback. I would, however like to get the ball rolling. Major changed are probably not going to happen.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Very intrested. Let do it. You will have buyers, sooner the better. One for summer and other so Dean doesn't put to much effort into his. Lets go. How long until you can get?

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
If its $350 with lights included, then I'd be a definite... but if that's just for the housing... count me out!

Diesel owns you
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 21 22

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard