Next Thread
Print Thread
#893658 03/08/04 03:47 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Guys - I broke my mirror off bakcing down my very narrow driveway in freezing rain last night. I managed to get it back on the car (and it still works even ) however the black sail housing is destroyed and the glass is cracked.

My question is: can the outer body-colored mirror cover be swapped with another one from another car?

Also if anyone has a driver side power mirror assembly lying around let me know.

#893659 03/08/04 05:25 PM
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Yes you can swap. but i think you have to buy the whole mirror not just the black peace. What year is your car?
If your black peace was not destroyed. You know you can replace the glass part only ONE THING though make sure you do not have heated mirrors before you remove the broken glass.Unless you do not care if you have heated mirrors The glass cost about $10.00 Specail order from Advance Auto Parts. Ebay has mirrors cheap. I might have one lying. around. Also try an auto wreakers place that is where i had to go to get a used mirror and they sold it to me cheap like under $50 since they have over 100 acres of wreaked cars.

Last edited by fordceggl; 03/08/04 05:32 PM.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard