Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by gearhead98:
man court aint nothin, i didnt go for anything driving related but it was something a little worse im only 17 had to go when i was 15 also spent two weeks in jail before the court appereance that really sucked but is not that bad really

Were you arrested by the grammar police?? I'd be looking over my shoulder for them if I were you.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
i know i should be because i can't speak for sh!t

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Originally posted by SKWAT:
I just got ticketed for driving 84mph on a 65mph highway in Virginia (I-81 near woodstock) in my Mystique. I was not aware that I was going this fast, I got caught in a pack of cars passing trucks. This counts as reckless driving in Virginia and I have to go to court, anyone ever get charged with this in virginia? Can I take driving school to avoid it going on my record? How much is this going to cost? Please avidse me what to do.
thanks

Know any lawyers? Often times you pay them, they go to court and get the ticket reduced to something like a non-moving violation. We do that at my office all the time. I've had it done a couple of times myself (you can only do it very very few times..)

Or you could just own up to your actions, pay the fine, and move on.

wtf you act like you never got a ticket, ppl make mistakes and the man is jsut asking for advice on how to take care of it so i think he is owning up to it. If you don't have any useful advice, keep ur mouth shut, that simple.

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Any Virginians been through this mess before?

Yes.

Usually you get a fine, the judge won't drop the charges down, won't let you take driving school, and you end up with 6 negative points on your record.

That's what happens if you have 5 good points on your record.

If you don't, I have no idea. Judges can suspend your license, or even put you in jail, for reckless driving. There was a judge in Botetourt County (some hole off of I-81 in southwestern VA) who was sentencing all 20 over speeding convictions to a few days in jail a few years back.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Or you could just own up to your actions, pay the fine, and move on.

I don't think that it will be that simple in Virginia. VA crucifies everyone for anything! I am only 19 and I am charged with reckless driving, I have to appear in court! I have heard that VA can suspend my licence for this!

Any Virginians been through this mess before?

Suck it up man. I'm 19 also. I've lost my licence three times. Gone to court 3 times for driving and 2 times for other stuff. It's not a big deal really. If you do something just take it man.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Less than twenty over on the interstate and it's reckless driving??? In Illinois we call that "speeding," $75, go well citizen. Start a militia.

--T.J.

2000 SVT Contour, Black, stock, no tickets yet... www.seismicradio.com
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Virginia sucks eh? I live in Winchester, I've got 11 tickets, all for between 6 - 12 miles over the speed limit, never had a reckless or accident that was my fault. Lost me license 3 times over it and don't get it back now until may. You have to go 18 months without getting a ticket or they will suspend it. I hate this state. I hate the cops, and I usually like cops. They all have a chip on their shoulder, especially state troopers around here. Screw em.. Do I sound bitter?

Ryan

2004 WRX STI 91 Eclispe GSX (to many mods to list, Want to race?)
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
If I present the case like this:

The time was 9:30 it was completely dark. I was in the left lane, traveling at an unknown speed, passing tractor trailers in the right lane. There were no vehicles immediately in front of me, there were however several vehicles closing up the space behind me. The vehicle directly behind me was a larger vehicle, either a van or SUV. I signaled and turned into the right lane to allow the vehicles that were behind me to pass. I slowed to match the speed of the traffic now in front of me. The vehicle now in front of me was an unmarked Virginia highway patrol car. The officer turned on his lights pulled into the right shoulder, slowed down, and came up behind me. The officer said he clocked me at 84 MPH with his rear facing radar. I do not know the exact speed I was traveling, however I do not believe I was traveling at 84 MPH.

My case would be that the officer clocked the vehicles behind me in the left lane (radar usually picks up the fastest moving object). When I turned into the right lane I was going the same speed as the cop.

Do you think I can fight it?
Are there lawyers that fight traffic tickets? I don't have alot of money, But if I could get a lawyer to help me fight for a couple hundred dollars or so I would pay it.

Thank-you for all the advice!

Last edited by SKWAT; 03/08/04 05:31 AM.

Mystique LS
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
If I present the case like this:

The time was 9:30 it was completely dark. I was in the left lane, traveling at an unknown speed, passing tractor trailers in the right lane. There were no vehicles immediately in front of me, there were however several vehicles closing up the space behind me. The vehicle directly behind me was a larger vehicle, either a van or SUV. I signaled and turned into the right lane to allow the vehicles that were behind me to pass. I slowed to match the speed of the traffic now in front of me. The vehicle now in front of me was an unmarked Virginia highway patrol car. The officer turned on his lights pulled into the right shoulder, slowed down, and came up behind me. The officer said he clocked me at 84 MPH with his rear facing radar. I do not know the exact speed I was traveling, however I do not believe I was traveling at 84 MPH.

Do you think I can fight it?
Are there lawyers that fight traffic tickets? I don't have alot of money, But if I could get a lawyer to help me fight for a couple hundred dollars or so I would pay it.

Thank-you for all the advice!

They would say night does not matter you should be looking at your speedo. They would think you are a dumbass. Trust me. Been there done that when I was 16.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SeR Guy1:
Virginia sucks eh? I live in Winchester, I've got 11 tickets, all for between 6 - 12 miles over the speed limit, never had a reckless or accident that was my fault. Lost me license 3 times over it and don't get it back now until may. You have to go 18 months without getting a ticket or they will suspend it. I hate this state. I hate the cops, and I usually like cops. They all have a chip on their shoulder, especially state troopers around here. Screw em.. Do I sound bitter?

Ryan

Hey Ryan, It Scott(from Sears/party Jeremy's). I got myself into a mess! Good to hear from you though. I agree, Virginia and their cops do suck!

Mystique LS
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard