Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I just got ticketed for driving 84mph on a 65mph highway in Virginia (I-81 near woodstock) in my Mystique. I was not aware that I was going this fast, I got caught in a pack of cars passing trucks. This counts as reckless driving in Virginia and I have to go to court, anyone ever get charged with this in virginia? Can I take driving school to avoid it going on my record? How much is this going to cost? Please avidse me what to do.
thanks

Mystique LS
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Just pay it and take what you have to for it.

98 Lime Green SE w/SVT Kit, Projectors, CF Hood, 18" Rims, GC's, Shaved, System 98.5 Silver SVT #5737 Black FSVT Rims, MSDS, BAT Drop 85 Toyota PU Lifted 06 GSX R 600 Black/Silver My Rides
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
My dad got pulled over for doing 60 in a 35 zone (The cop clocked him out of town just before the speed limit changed to 55) He went to court and I don't remember what he had to pay, but it was a lot better than what they originally said.

I think you can take defensive driving so you don't have the points on your license.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Go to court! IMHO you will most likely get the ticket cut in half and a few points... or you might get lucky and the officer won't show up! but more than likely you won't be charged with wreckless driving and if they do tell them that you will voluntarily go to a offensive driving class..

good luck

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by SKWAT:
I just got ticketed for driving 84mph on a 65mph highway in Virginia (I-81 near woodstock) in my Mystique. I was not aware that I was going this fast, I got caught in a pack of cars passing trucks. This counts as reckless driving in Virginia and I have to go to court, anyone ever get charged with this in virginia? Can I take driving school to avoid it going on my record? How much is this going to cost? Please avidse me what to do.
thanks

Know any lawyers? Often times you pay them, they go to court and get the ticket reduced to something like a non-moving violation. We do that at my office all the time. I've had it done a couple of times myself (you can only do it very very few times..)

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Originally posted by SKWAT:
thanks

Know any lawyers? Often times you pay them, they go to court and get the ticket reduced to something like a non-moving violation. We do that at my office all the time. I've had it done a couple of times myself (you can only do it very very few times..)

Or you could just own up to your actions, pay the fine, and move on.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
The cop was in the right lane and I was approaching behind him in the left lane. As soon as I saw him I slowed down and pulled in behind him, the other cars passed me! He put his lights on and swung into the shoulder and pulled in behind me. He caught me with his rear radar!

Mystique LS
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Go to court and tell the truth. If you're honest they'll reduce it. If you get lucky the cop wont show up.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Or you could just own up to your actions, pay the fine, and move on.

I don't think that it will be that simple in Virginia. VA crucifies everyone for anything! I am only 19 and I am charged with reckless driving, I have to appear in court! I have heard that VA can suspend my licence for this!

Any Virginians been through this mess before?

Mystique LS
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
man court aint nothin, i didnt go for anything driving related but it was something a little worse im only 17 had to go when i was 15 also spent two weeks in jail before the court appereance that really sucked but is not that bad really

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard