Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Y
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Y
Unfortunatly on sunday, febuary 29th 2004 my contour SVT was totalled....

the worst part is, my stupidity caused it

I was traveling home from a freinds house at 3:30am, when i fell asleep behind the wheel. i was doing approx 60mph, i struck a telephone pole on the drivers fender, just in ahead of the front wheel, the car rotated around the pole flipped upside down, and landed on the passenger side roof/ side of the car (basically where the windows are)... there is not a undented panel on the car... words cannot describe the damage that was done. i do have pictures and will try to get them uploaded for all to see. the car hit and rotated with such force that the spare tire bolted to the floor of the trunk, sheared free and was found 50 feet from the car. both sail panels and the rear spoiler also were torn free on impact. the absolute destruction was immense...

luckly i walked away... i broke my nose, had to have 8 staples in the back of my head, 14 stiches on the left side of my face, and horrible bruises all over (really bad ones on my thighs from the seat belt) the contour did its job and earned its five star safety rating with me...

i am at such a loss she was my baby, i loved my car

1115/2150 rest in peace

-Y2K SVT- BORN 1/03/2000 DIED 02/29/2004
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Holy Cow!!!!
Glad to hear your ok.
Sounds like what my ex sister inlaw did.
Nothing on her car was left unharmed or attached.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Ouch, thank God you're okay. You're right, that Tour saved your life!

Get those pics online.
Did the airbags go off?
How were you rescued?

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Ouch. Sorry to hear that man. Glad you weren't hurt worse...I hope you feel better soon. Sorry about your car....that's awful!!! I know how you feel....I once had to walk away from a vehicle that I loved very much and I miss her still! I know it's rough! We are mourning with you. Hang in there man and let us know what happens.

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Y2K-SVT:
Unfortunatly on sunday, febuary 29th 2004 my contour SVT was totalled....

the worst part is, my stupidity caused it

I was traveling home from a freinds house at 3:30am, when i fell asleep behind the wheel. i was doing approx 60mph, i struck a telephone pole on the drivers fender, just in ahead of the front wheel, the car rotated around the pole flipped upside down, and landed on the passenger side roof/ side of the car (basically where the windows are)... there is not a undented panel on the car... words cannot describe the damage that was done. i do have pictures and will try to get them uploaded for all to see. the car hit and rotated with such force that the spare tire bolted to the floor of the trunk, sheared free and was found 50 feet from the car. both sail panels and the rear spoiler also were torn free on impact. the absolute destruction was immense...

luckly i walked away... i broke my nose, had to have 8 staples in the back of my head, 14 stiches on the left side of my face, and horrible bruises all over (really bad ones on my thighs from the seat belt) the contour did its job and earned its five star safety rating with me...

i am at such a loss she was my baby, i loved my car

1115/2150 rest in peace

Hey man glad your okay.

By the way with your car being totalled, mine was to a few years a back. Insurance said it was a total loss, they got it fully reconditioned runs almost perfect, you can get that thing rebuilt.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I feel your pain. Mine got totalled out a few days ago too, although not as near as bad as yours. I'm glad your injuries were not worse than they were. As for the car, you can replace that. You, we can't. I think it was a fair trade.

Britt Boyette Break Like the Wind Racing
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
By the way with your car being totalled, mine was to a few years a back. Insurance said it was a total loss, they got it fully reconditioned runs almost perfect, you can get that thing rebuilt.

But would you want to with the damage he is describing? His frame is likely bent ...

Man I am sorry to hear that. I do hope you've learned a lesson from the experience!

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
Glad to hear your alright though, sorry to hear about the car . How were you rescued?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Damn, I know how that feels. Tha'ts exactly how I totalled the 91 Integra I owned for a month. Only difference is I was going 80, had 3 other people in the car, but no flipping going on. I didn't see how it was possible to fall asleep behind the wheel until I did it, now I'll NEVER do it again. Glad you're ok.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Will you part out the rims?

-JOKE- I'm kidding, thought I'd beat the vultures. Glad to hear you made it out relatively OK...that's got to be a horrifying experience.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard