Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by SVTCANUK:
Can this be done to a stock SVT? I assume some exhaust work would have to be done but could the engine and tranny be left as is? I know the #'s will be down from 325/326 but I could live with that for a start.

Injector sizing may be different in your case, but yes There are a few 2.5L Turbos' running around already, this would be a variant of that setup.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by warmonger:
I will talk to the local shop one more time, but I am having trouble convincing them to do it. They are honda guys, not ford guys.Tom

WTF does that have to do with anything? If they're that b*tchy about doing something like this then that could throw everybody off because the shop in question wouldn't have an actual piece to duplicate - they'd have to go off pictures.

Basically, if this ship swallows what little pride they think they have then I'll be in.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Guys-
I've been talking to Tom extensively about this, if we can get a definite 10 people for this, it might be doable. Post your interest.

In essence, it'll involve me getting a jib made up, having a shop mass produce these, and then packaging and shipping them out. All while Tom is gone, so post interest here. . .

Suneil

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Exactly, this cannot happen unless we have these spots filled. With some of the PM's I've been getting there seems to be some confusion on what this is all about.

Warmonger allowing ssmumich00 to have a jig made of it while he is gone, so they can be produced. This is the first step for us all to be able to make turbo kits on our own and not just rely on one source.
IMHO it is very important for things like this to be produced for the Contique aftermarket. Warmonger has put a lot of effort into his research and development, and we are all lucky enough to benifit from it.

So far we have 3 people interested in this if we can get it done, who else? In the next few days I should be getting more info on what we can and can't do.......so expect a decent "update" shortly.

Last edited by Swazo; 03/07/04 08:41 PM.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Is there anyway you could post pics of how this manifold looks so we can also get a better understanding that way. Also Swazo is it 36# or 39# for the return-style? This GB sounds like an excellent idea and i can't agree with you more that this is exactly what us contique people need!!

1998 T-Red SVT (SOLD) #4230 BOD-12/5/97 99 3L and stuff 2003 Jaguar X-Type
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Online Content
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Anyone who is even thinking about buying a turbo should get in on this GB! you will save a lot of money, if this were availble when I bought my turbo kit I would have bought one of these myself. Don't pass this up, it is worth the money.

-Jeff-

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by TMoose02:
Is there anyway you could post pics of how this manifold looks so we can also get a better understanding that way. Also Swazo is it 36# or 39# for the return-style? This GB sounds like an excellent idea and i can't agree with you more that this is exactly what us contique people need!!

Oops, typo I'm getting ready to update this interest check with pics and better info shortly. A pic is worth a 1000 words, and the update will clear anything else up. If it doesn't, feel free to PM me with any questions at that point.

I have just about all the info/pics I need to continue with this interest check correctly so we can gain proper interest.

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well, I never got the info I needed to continue with this GB. I am however continuing along this path as I have already commited myself to buying a new turbo and a wastegate

There is a handfull of guys out there making their own turbo kits for contiques. I will be one of them later this year and I do have the means to have my setup recreated with various grades of steel with the very best quality of work possible. Pricing will change depending on quality of steel, ect of course, but I won't know the specifics until I get into it.

Thank you all for the interest, hopefully something will come up shortly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard