Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
This is an intrest check for a T3/4 turbo crossover pipe for the duratec MTX Contique.

Warmonger is going to be "away on overseas business" for a year, so I am taking it apon myself to try to get this to go through.

Thanks to him, the R&D is done.

'What this means to you is that you can use your choice of turbo and wastegate, T3 exhaust is the flange (Warmonger) used along with the 38mm Tial.
Get 36# injectors for return-style systems, 39# injectors for the return-style systems.
A lightning MAF.
Then you go to StreetFlight and ask for a chip, an intercooler (if you are smart) and intake piping if they have it for a T3/4 turbo.
Prepare to shell out some cash, but not anything crazy.

MSDS header owners will be pleased to note that they can retain their MSDS headers, adapt only the front header to fit the crossover pipe and end up with even better numbers than I have here!
For those who are planning this out, you can just order the headers during the build-up.

If anyone is interested in the crossover pipe for the T3/4 turbo then we need to do an interest check in the group buy forum. If there is enough interest in a group buy then the local performance shop named Deepstage is considering building a crossover pipe. Approximate price will be around $700 initially IF there is enough interest and IF they agree to do it. My crossover pipe will be used as a model to build a jig for reproduction. After the initial offering the price will drop but how much is not known since it may/may not happen.'
Link to more info, dyno results, ect......

Again, this is an interest check to get the crossover pipe produced. We need 8-10 people to commit and we'll go from there. Pricing is going to be around $700

Where do I fit into the picture? I'm just a CEG memeber trying to help us get more options

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
This includes up pipe, down pipe that all attach to the current exhaust manifolds? I'm confused on what you get and what I need to modify, IIRC I need to weld and modify the front exhaust manifold.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
That's saying you get more power with MSDS, but you can use the stock set up?

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
There are two issues here.

One is finding someone trustworthy to duplicate the piping while i am gone.
Then that person has to send the pipes back so that my car can be put back together. The good thing is that these pipes are so easy to install and take off that pulling them off should only take about 45 minutes.
I will talk to the local shop one more time, but I am having trouble convincing them to do it. They are honda guys, not ford guys.
So I have the problem that I am trying to help out but I cannot be here to protect my own interests.
If nothing pans out, then the best I can do is provide detailed pictures so that someone can duplicate the piping.
The hard part is already done and that is the method and the proof that a simple 3L swap and modified stock manifolds will work to make big power.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You would be able to use either the OEM Exhaust manifolds (front is mod'd and pre-cat is removed in the process, rear is gutted), or the MSDS headers can be used for better performance (front header is mod'd as well).

R&D is done, it's just a matter of having them made.

With stock gutted manifolds with the front bank modified and this new and improved up pipe design @ 9psi on a fairly simple oval port 3L, he is now running

325FWHP & 326FWTQ

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I know the pipe is $700, but what are the rest of the parts going to cost? I have about $2,000 right now, and could possibly pull a little more together. I'd love to do this to my 2.5L, but I can't figure out what the turbo, intercooler, etc. etc. are going to cost in the end with shipping. Sorry for the newB question with such a seemingly answer, but all the new news is very exciting.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
You forgot about the downpipe. Basically you want a SF kit without the headers.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Keyser:

So 5g minus $1700 for the headers in case any one was wondering.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Can this be done to a stock SVT? I assume some exhaust work would have to be done but could the engine and tranny be left as is? I know the #'s will be down from 325/326 but I could live with that for a start.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Keyser:

Thanks for correcting me, down pipe is included too.

Yes you could go to SF for the remainder of the kit, but this is the route I am going to try to follow as Warmonger has laid out-

You can use your choice of turbo and wastegate,
T3 exhaust is the flange (Warmonger) used along with the 38mm Tial.
Get 36# injectors for return-style systems,
39# injectors for the return-style systems.
A lightning MAF.
Then you go to StreetFlight and ask for a chip,
and intercooler (if you are smart) and intake piping if they have it for a T3/4 turbo.
Prepare to shell out some cash, but not anything crazy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard