Next Thread
Print Thread
N
nomada Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Ok, so a few weeks ago i had problems with starting. I replaced the fule filter, cleaned the MAF, intakes, and throttle body. It ran great, smooth and with no CELs for about a week. Then it wouldn't start again. It cranks and turns over but wont start. I am able to push start it when this happens. What could this be? Fuel Pump? I went to order one the other day and there were 2 available at Kragen, one w/ 1/4" terminal connector tabs and one w/ 3/16". Does anybody know which one I would order? and is there any other suggestions of fixes to try. Thank you!!!

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Welcome aboard. It's sounds like the fuel pump to me. What can do is that disconnect the gasline coming fromt eh tank and crank it, if you see a lot of gas coming out, the pump is good. If not the pump is bad. Or another way to tell if the fuel pump is working is to turn the ignition to on and if you hear it is working. If not that'll probably explain the problem. Also your ignition module could also be bad.

What yr, make, and model contour/mystique you have?? That would help me as well as other to try to pin point the problem .

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
N
nomada Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Opps.. forgot that part. I have a 98 contour SVT w/ 70,000 miles.

Where would I disconnect the gas line coming from the tank to do that test.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Early or late 98 ???

There is a Schraeder fitting in the engine compartment.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
N
nomada Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
early 98.

what is this Schraeder fitting?

N
nomada Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Anybody know why there are two fuel pumps, and which one I should order?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by nomada:
Anybody know why there are two fuel pumps, and which one I should order?

Later versions have the return-less system. The pump is very different.

You have to determine which you have.

You have not really determined that the fuel pump is the problem. Only testing with a pressure guage will give you that knowledge.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard