Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by livinsvt:

Is this a finished product ready to be sold/installed?

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
That was the first one made up. A template was made from that piece. But yes thats pretty much a ready to go piece.

Ok you guys are going to have to explain the problem you had with the old ones followed by pics with a description. Were the other ones vacuumed sealed? If you want the piece to fit right its going to have a straight edge were needed. You can tell in the first pic that fitment is good. Telling me my product is not strong enough or looks "weak" without seeing it in person or explaining why you think so, is not good enough. Like noted before I have faith, if there products are good enough for BMW and Porsche owners and racecar drivers, than thats more than good enough for me. If these fall apart, than I will eat my words. I am willing to go the extra mile to make these to our liking and certanily want to make everyone happy. I wasn't even planing on making these in the first place. So basicly give me your input on whats going to make you feel comfortable with this product, I will do my best. I know its a stretch since you have been burned once, all I can is give it a try . Those who are serious(key word "Serious") about these can post thoughts here or send a PM if you like. I am easy going and open for suggestions. Thanks

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Can we see them installed? That would say a lot to me on how they fit. If done on a silver car, we could see that very well.

I'm not talking ish in any way, because if I thought they were crap.... I wouldn't even be giving it a second thought. Pics of them in better lighting may clear things up.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I'm also just trying to help you make sure the product will keep people happy. The only problem I have with the previous sail panels was the fit. The finish appears to be top notch. Clear coat was really good and the panel was nice and thick. But that is one of the problems. The thickness caused it to be raised over the surrounding panel.

The following pics were taken a few minutes ago in my dark garage. I wish I had more light or it was earlier in the day. If these don't help, I'll try to take some better pics tomorrow during the day. Also, my car has been driven for the past two weeks every day for the first time in years, so excuse the dirtiness. I'm embarrased to post pics of my dirty car since it's been quite sometime since it's seen rain. ANYWAY ,

1. This pic kind of shows the thickness of the sail panel. This also shows why it would be ideal if the edges were rounded or beveled. The straight edge doesn't look too great. If you look at a stock sail panel, it is rounded and not straight cut. Enter Exhibit A & B

2. Lay the panel on a flat surface. If it is perfectly flat with the surface, it won't work right. The door has a slight inward curve and the panel needs to match that. I guess if you use excessive amounts of glue and/or double-sided tape, it may work for a while. Otherwise, Exhibit C, D & E:

Additionally, if you look at the pic you have posted and Exhibit A, the panel you have doesn't have as smooth a cut on the rounded part. Looks a little bit choppy. But it could just be the pic.

Hope this helps. Again, I'm not ragging. Just trying to help you make this a success.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Yea the lighting isn't the best I know. But its hard to get a good picture of anything black and glossy. I will get a pic of them installed on the car as soon as possible. In case your un-aware, the first pic is the carbon sail panel mounted in the factory trim piece that bolts on to your car. So basicily you take your sail panel off, use heat to remove the fake carbon look piece that says Contour, and place new carbon piece in, with glue of course. Done. Once again the first pic shows the good fitment.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Thank you very much. Thats exactly what I needed to see. So your saying the thickness of the one you have is causing it to peel. It appears and I am not postive yet that my piece is thinner and appears to fit better orginaly, sounds like some think there to thin. But thats just a guess right now. I will forward those pics and get some feedback. What are you using for a glue. Thanks again

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Ah ha.....I thought so Then there were the newest pics that had them out of it.....so I spaced that

I feel ya on getting good lighting for the CF. I was taking pics indoors of my IMRC cover, and they all came out too dark

Better pics should clear things up

Edit: you know, 3M makes good double sided adhesive sheets that are very thin foam based. That may be a great option for these
Just an idea....

Last edited by Swazo; 03/05/04 01:32 AM.

S
S
Hi guys, Ford in the UK sell these for approx £28 GBP, some with mondeo ( i know these are no good for you ) some with the word GHIA, ( its a trim option ) and plain ones like the one being made by yourselves.

i have a set of Mondeo Sails on My car.

Looking for another Mondeo forum with members to amaze, come and sign up at Mondeo - Ablaze http://virtualspectator.crediblehost.com/graphiccar/index.php
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
livin,
the thickness problems with the last GB have been mentioned.

One other issue is the clearcoat - not on top of the sail panel itself, but on the sides.

I have outlined the "sides" or "edge" of the CF panel - it is not clearcoated. It looks grayish and looks like trash.

Also, I am not trying to bad mouth the company's product - only voicing my concern that these will turn out like the last ones produced.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Swazo:
Ah ha.....I thought so Then there were the newest pics that had them out of it.....so I spaced that

I feel ya on getting good lighting for the CF. I was taking pics indoors of my IMRC cover, and they all came out too dark

Better pics should clear things up

Edit: you know, 3M makes good double sided adhesive sheets that are very thin foam based. That may be a great option for these
Just an idea....

I will try to get better pics. That 3m stuff sounds intresting. I will have to look into it. It seems as if the other panels problem could be solved maybe by better adhesive, and slightly thinner.

Originally posted by sifourbyfoursi:
Hi guys, Ford in the UK sell these for approx £28 GBP, some with mondeo ( i know these are no good for you ) some with the word GHIA, ( its a trim option ) and plain ones like the one being made by yourselves.

i have a set of Mondeo Sails on My car.

These sail panels here are made of real carbon fiber, not look alike. The contour has the same kind of look alike material.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard