Next Thread
Print Thread
#880009 02/22/04 09:27 PM
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
So who here autocrosses, and what kind of cars do contique hold up against? I'm starting SCCA solo II very soon, and would like some contique experience behind me when I start.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
#880010 02/22/04 10:29 PM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Funny thing is when I use to race Autocross my competition (by the books) put me in a league of Camaro SS's and so forth, things that one would think strange, 200hp 4dr versus 320hp 2dr, well I don't make the rules.

The good part was how I was able to stay in very close proximity to the SS's, within .5sec on average, we all were using stickeys though and may car was not what you would consider stock....

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com
#880011 02/23/04 03:07 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
The contours do okay on an autocross course. Depending on your modifications, you'll be classed in GS, STS, SM...

You can check the rules at this Unofficial Rules Page, and it should give you an idea of where you sit.

The car is a bit heavy, but it does have really good brakes. I had very good success locally, but fell flat on my face at Divisionals and Nationals. If you are just starting, it will be a good car to have fun with.

Good Luck

There are 10 kinds of people... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
#880012 02/23/04 05:23 PM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
The key to success is a good driver as well as minimal dive and sway which you'll experience alot of on a Tour' w/stock Struts and Springs.

A good Package for success in your local is a complete suspension setup, Springs/Struts (reccomend: H&R/Bilsteins), Rear Sway Bar (reccomend: Aussie), Rear Strut Tower Brace (Any). Brakes would be a big plus but since top speeds are not extreme in Solo2 you should do fine with stock brakes, SVT preferred. If you do plan to upgrade your brakes this is a cost effective measure (3 things) that work, Performance Pads, Steel Brake Lines and Competely Flush Brake Fluids w/Super Blue Brake Fluid (comes in a blue rectangular can). The most important package of success though is the natural born talent to drive, some have it, some don't and some just develop it.

By the way, I found that after installing my Quaife in the Trans it easily knocked off a second or two, that was by far the single most largest gain I seen in a single product....Aloha

PERFORMANCE PARTS for the TOUR click here:PXRACING Homepage email:pxracing@aol.com

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard