Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
alexey Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
So me and the guys did the old trays under the rear wheels in a parking lot thing last night. Well i know its stupid and im sure as hell never doing it again but, now my car makes this loud clicking sound coming from the engine. the higher the rpms the faster the clikcing. v6 5 speed here btw. I was around redline the whole time for like 10 seconds i guess it would be so what could be f'd ? Im scared

Lexus ES300
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
possibly a spun bearing thats bad btw

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
A
alexey Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by gearhead98:
possibly a spun bearing thats bad btw

umm... the car still runs fine if that matters... my friends were saying something about valves... man my dad is ognna [censored] on me LOL

Lexus ES300
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
you can still run an engine with a spun bearing it just makes a funky noise all the time. it also could be the valves, or the differential or something in the tranny

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
A
alexey Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
well definetly not the tranny or the diff... if the car is in neutral and i rev it past like 2500 then the noise comes... still full power though

Lexus ES300
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
where is it loudest?

if its coming from the top of the block, it could be valvetrain related, er or if its low down from under the motor its probably a spun crank bearing like the others said . either way, costly.

A
alexey Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
on top for sure.. i hope its something minor..

Lexus ES300
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
best way to find out will be to pull off the head, and drop the oil pan and look for damage, broken springs, bent valves or metal in the bottom of the pan.

if you find any of the above ..................

A
alexey Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Cruzn:
best way to find out will be to pull off the head, and drop the oil pan and look for damage, broken springs, bent valves or metal in the bottom of the pan.

if you find any of the above ..................

can someone spare a room in their house? i think i'll be needing one when i tell my dad

Lexus ES300
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Get some money & get a diagnosis from an experienced CEGer or trusted mechanic - with a price quote for the repairs.

Gather up the funds for the repair & offer to pay for it yourself. Dad will be impressed & may leave a few spots un-bruised.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard