Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
True to form, the car industry gets better and better every year. More power, more trinkets; there's always going to be more the next time around. The Ford Contour SVT in its day was a prime example of a sleek, sexy, high-powered car, that could, as intended, keep up with the BMW's of the day. I know for a fact that I won't EVER sell my CSVT. Not because it's the fastest thing around, (but boy do I love the look of surprise on some peoples faces when they think it's "only a contour"), not because its value has gone downhill, and quickly at that, but because it's been a journey through a car. I know my car inside and out. Terry Haines could tell you all a bit about that. You can't leave something that you know that well without serious regret later. To me, Jay Leno is another example. Does he mod all of his cars? NO! He has them because they were rare. True, there were less AC Shelby Cobras, but we've still got quite a jewel in our little Ford four-doors. It has sports car lines, with family-car size, and it's great on gas mileage. That's why I bought mine... that's why i'll keep mine.

98 CSVT silver frost mods: 893 fogs, 2 12" free airs, alpine HU future mods: LED taillights, In door 8's...who knows?
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
Actually, SVT will probably go on...BUT..they have decided to focus on the Cobra & Lightning and go more "high end". Which means that the CSVT and a handful of 5 door Foci SVTs may be the ONLY SVT cars ever made with 4 doors. Really could translate in a collectors item if kept nice at some point, esp if SVT really hits the big time..

What do you mean by collectors item? I love my CSVT, but at no point will it (or any other Contour SVT, Focus SVT, Lightning SVT,) be worth more than it is now. Heck I can't name an american car built in the last 20 years that will gain value. Maybe a ZR1, GNX, Viper, or new Ford GT, but they will have to have less than 5,000 miles on them. What's the point of buying them if they're not going to be driven? Just drive them and enjoy them. No one is building COPO camaros anymore.

NEW: '05 Black Hemi Magnum SOLD:'99 Silver Contour SVT (no mods) R.I.P. '92 SHO
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
The ZR-1 and GNX haven't really gained in value in the past dozen or so years, but low mileage GNX's have stayed in the area of $30-$40K, but ZR-1s seem to have fallen for some reason. There was a 90' ZR-1, the first year they came out, w/ 76K on the clock going for $30K and it was original and clean I agree with the above statement, drive em' and enjoy em'

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:
Originally posted by ContourKev:

I will never buy a Japanese car, those pretty much suck! Id be alot much happier in a SVT Contour, those Japanese do not know how to build a car I would be happy in, Ford does. Out of alot of forign cars I have been in, none compare to a Ford. But when you have a bunch of movies on these import cars, you got a bunch of wannabes who wanna do exactly like they did because it was on a movie

When I get my G35 6MT, I will show you what Ford DOES NOT have anymore....280Hp 270Tq stock... Available in 2 or 4 door.

If you havent guessed its a replacement for the SVT Contour, they make nothing in that class for 2004 or 2005.

2006 will be the year to get a Cobra, but I am not waiting that long to get a new car. I loved my SVT and think highly of Ford products ( Ford is the Only American Car I would buy ) But right now they do not offer anything to my tastes/power hunger range besides the Mustang, which IMHO needs that make over to be appealing.

PS - Add a Twin Turbo to the G or Z and you get 400RWHP and 380ft/lbs TQ.. on 8.5# boost.... it makes me happy in my pants

your loss is my gain!!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I have to admit, I have been thinking about it a little. As the car ages, the repairs come more often, and I have the doorskin-trunklid rust problem. The rust is the biggest concern for me: I have done floors on two of my old cars, and I don't wnat to ever do rust work again.

Then there is are the other factors, such as changing needs. I just bought a house, and I have to clean up my dad's house. So, a hatch or a wagon could be useful.

Add in the latest unexplained "thoonk" from the suspension, and I am starting to wonder if it's worth keeping her. Of course, the first drive on the summer tires could make me change my mind......

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Well since I had some chatstrophic engine failure (due to nitrous)This has made me think about this also...

since I have had this car for a little over a year, the only complaint I have about it is that it dosnt run now.The only thing that would force me to get rid of it Would be some unbelievable horable finincial problem, But @ the same time I have decided to slow down on the idea that I will have a damn fast SVT Contour when Im done.

My perspective now is that This car Is going to be my car that I will take to the beach and just "Ride around in" and enjoy but will have every bolt-on and will be able to do a little @ss_kicking .

The car Isnt my main transportation (thats why I have a Ford Ranger)simply because I still have 31/2 years to pay on it and I dont want it to be loaded with milage when it gets paid-off,besides I love driving this car, And dont want to beat it to death on my morning/evening commute.

Right now, I just want to get the car running again so I can enjoy It again.

but my new plans for a "fast" project car are to a buy a 95 240sx and swap a sr20det engine in it,and that will be my fast car for now...

/Mike

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I'm keeping my contour.... I've already promised it to the kids when they are old enough to drive.... 2014....

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
> -Neon SRT-4 w/ enough left over to go right into the 13's

Plus a 0-60 time of 5.8 sec, 253 wheel hp, a top speed of 153 mph (drag limited) and a sticker price of under $21K. I'd take one tomorrow if I weren't still paying off my wife's PT Cruiser GT Christmas preset from two years ago.

BTW, if anyone wants an employee green sheet price on a Dodge or Chrysler drop me a line before the end of March. The special ends then.

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Lee K:
Some thoughts:
5. Changing demographics. As Contours age, their original set of owners are now older, presumably making a bit more money, and have moved on to performance/luxury cars such as the Mazda 6s, the Nissan G35, and the Acura TL. That leaves used Contours moving to the "first car" market, like teenagers looking for their first set of wheels. You can see it in the newbies on the CEG boards. Lots of young whippersnappers now.

im 18, and im on my third car and second CSVT....am i still a young whippersnapper?

1997 chevy blazer 1983 ford mustang no more svts www.cardomain.com/id/aspsocio
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Quote:

im 18, and im on my third car and second CSVT....am i still a young whippersnapper?

Yes,of course. The whippersnapper epithet lasts until you're forced to buy your first minivan for the family.

Enjoy it while you can.

Lee K
98 SVT Contour, silver
03 Evo, red

Lee K 98 SVT Contour, silver (sold after 7 years and 100K miles) 03 Lancer Evolution, red
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard