Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by 18psi2300:
Nothing SVT specific...it happens with ALL cars this age.

Precisely ... even the newest SVTs are four to five years old now. And the E0's ... man they're old!

Just wait.. Fifty years from now, it'll be a classic, just along the lines of the late 60's muscle cars! (Doubt it, but thats what im hoping for)

Hopefully, fifty years from now ill be one of the very few SVT Contour owners!

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Besides... when SVT becomes history (likely in a few years), the value of our CSVT's will go up (some) and hold onto a decent value (aslong as they are in good condition) for quite some time. Limited production cars (the Csvt is RARE amongst alot of other cars, like focuses, intrepids, grand ams, and such) I mean, I see more BMW 320I's and Z4's in a day than I see contours... let alone an SVT contour. It draws attention, is fun to drive, and very reliable (so far). The young crowd WANTS to get their hands on the contour SVT (I know I did). I still remember the first time I saw a CSVT, back in early 99', and remeber saying..."WOW!, that car looks so cool... I hope one day I could have one." 3.5 years later... dream came true. I love my Contour SVT, and sure, I'd love one of them new-fangled sports cars and such... but, why?!

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I got rid of mine because of nagging problems and 94k miles on the clock, but mostly because it didnt fit my lifestyle anymore as a daily driver. Admitedly, my car was ridiculously loud with long tube headers, gutted cat, and high flow mufflers, and that started to take its toll on me and my fiance, and my 35 mile each way commute.

I always loved the way the car looked, and some shared that, but most just didnt get it. I would have liked more power out of the car, as someone above mentioned, every car and its brother is now faster, more advanced, better handling, etc...but the market has dropped out from under them now, and you can pick one up cheap, so its a good time for a buyer to be looking now.

00 SVT Contour: SHM LT headers, LSD, Spec Stg 3...dyno:190.3whp sold 02/04 04 Subaru Baja Turbo 5-spd 00 Camaro SS 393cid: 510rwhp/469rwtq, 11.16 @ 124.95(hit 1-2 limiter) www.erikz.org
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Actually, SVT will probably go on...BUT..they have decided to focus on the Cobra & Lightning and go more "high end". Which means that the CSVT and a handful of 5 door Foci SVTs may be the ONLY SVT cars ever made with 4 doors. Really could translate in a collectors item if kept nice at some point, esp if SVT really hits the big time..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Mr. Nixon... I agree with you 110%

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
A lower end Merc, Audi or BMW...how anyone could even consider a nissan, honda or any other japanese car is beyond me...but then agian growing up in a muscle car community I grew to hate rice.

2000 Black Contour SVT Western/Central Massachusetts
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
What does rice have to do with Nissans & Hondas ?

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MarkO:
What does rice have to do with Nissans & Hondas ?

Yeah. I'll gladly take a G35 Sedan for 8k less and wipe the floor with that Beemer. And I have the same Euro-bias, but there's something about a real bargain...

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Bozack:
A lower end Merc, Audi or BMW...how anyone could even consider a nissan, honda or any other japanese car is beyond me...but then agian growing up in a muscle car community I grew to hate rice.

Yea, I hear ya... I grew up helping my brother work on his mustang. (He shouldn't have sold it, but thats another story... the car was runnin low 10's in the qtr. before he sold it)

I think these cars will have more value to guys like us that really respect how unique these cars really are. The resale value of these cars really is pretty poor

I think im gonna run the Mystique into the ground... Although, if that ATX goes... its time for a manual swap

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by 98 SE:
And the E0's ... man they're old!

True . . . true.

However, as far as I have seen, I have the youngest of the "old" E0's.

Ben TROLL BECAUSE I SOLD MY 1998 T-Red SVT #4406/6535 Last E0 Made? 1/13/98 SOLD THE SVT TO BUY A 2002 Audi S4 STILL ENJOY MY 1999 Silver Mazda Miata MX-5 Email Me
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard