Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Hello-
I've had this problem before, now it's worse. The 12v that goes from inside the car to the doors for locks, window control, door speakers, etc is either loose or shorting out (The big black "grommet"). Last time I brought it into the dealer (still under warranty) and they told me they fixed the problem, i.e. they said they just tightened the grommet. Well it got lots worse, I now can't contol the passenger side window or the driver side unless my driver's door is open 1/3 of the way or more, and if the door is ajar I can wiggle the wire cover and the power cuts in and out.

I took it back to the dealer and they told me $90 just for a diagnosis. I signed and left the car cause I didn't have the time this morning.

I'm gonna go back when they call with diagnosis and demand they either fix it for free, or not charge since basically, in my mind, they never fixed it the first time when they should of.

What are your thoughts?

2000 CSVT #1172 of 2150 Toreador Red Birthday 1/4/2000 *Drop in K&N/FMS Wires/AutolitePP Plugs *Sylvania SilverStar/Indiglo Gauges *Pioneer Premier P730/Sound by Audiobahn *White HVAC Panel/Elky Mesh Mod/35% tint
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
anyone? Bueller....

2000 CSVT #1172 of 2150 Toreador Red Birthday 1/4/2000 *Drop in K&N/FMS Wires/AutolitePP Plugs *Sylvania SilverStar/Indiglo Gauges *Pioneer Premier P730/Sound by Audiobahn *White HVAC Panel/Elky Mesh Mod/35% tint
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Bad wiring it sounds like, Shouldnt be TOO hard to rewire a door panel, or look for bad wiring (insulation fallen off) and put electrical tape around that, might work that way

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard