Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Why is everybody making such a big deal about this?? Competition is a good thing. The Lightning has been on top of the hill in this segment for the past 5-6 years. And my God, I never thought I'd hear so many ricer excuses in one place... "it's got 2 more cylinders y0"... "that dodge costs $10K more"... "the dodge has a stick"... "it's a 6-speed, that's not fair!!"... "y0, it has 500HP, that's bullsh*t"... "wait 'til that new Lightning comes out and then it'll smoke it"... So much hysteria over something that is seriously not a huge deal. I see this thing being passed back and forth over the next few years. One-upmanship is the name of the game with performance vehicles.

I say, good for Dodge. At least someone else is bringing something to the table in this segment. Chevy pissed on their pantleg with that POS Silverado SS so I applaud Dodge for making a solid effort.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I only brought up the comparison of the engines/trans/rearend to make a point that its plenty fair, not to say one has more of an advantage over the other. To quote a famous saying..."it is what it is". This arguement is the same one that people make about the CSVT vs. the GTP/Regal GS..."if those cars didn't have the S/C it would be more of a fair race!". That one always frosted my ass but this one was worse..."if the CSVT had a S/C it wouldn't be a race!". The cars came the way they did, thats it and the same holds true for the truck comparsion, get over it already and compare how they come and the fact is the 04' SRT-10 blows away the 04' Lightnings and yes, they're making them

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Yours was one of the only posts that made sense, Roger (basically said "run what ya brung")... If you look through the earlier posts you'll see the excuses flying.

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
I agree with Matt, let Dodge have their moment. They brought a big hammer to the table and deserve the accolades. Now its up to Ford to find a bigger hammer to come swinging with if they want to get back on top, simple as that.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

Dodge has a cheap interior? Compared to the L, the SRT10's interior is gorgeous.

I don't know how cheap looking plastic flat dash and crappy seats compare to seude leather and a overall nice interior. For $55,000 (at least thats what the one a the show was), I would expect a whole lot more. Kinda of the same thing with the new viper. Don't get me wrong, both vehicles are cool, and have great power, and I am sure the truck will be fun to drive (I kow the viper is ). But dollar for dollar the lightining is better. I am talking the 99-03 models. I am sure the new truck will not be priced much higher either. Everyone thought the 04 150 would be more, but yet still the same price. Rumor has it will recieve a version of of the GT engine. UMMM light aluminum 5.4 in a small fairly aerodynamic truck. Or big heavy v10 in a brick wall with two wheels . Decision is easy for me. Competition is great though

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
SRT-10

$45,850 MSRP** 1-option $390 Side curtain Airbags Everything else is standard!

500 horsepower
8.3L V10 Viper power engine
525 lb.-ft. of torque
Curb Weight : 5,000 lb
6-speed manual transmission with Hurst shifter
Dana M60 HD/248MM Rear Axle
22" polished aluminum wheels
Dual exhaust
508-watt Infinity Sound System

ACCELERATION in Seconds
Zero to 60 mph 4.9
70 mph 6.2
80 mph 8.2
90 mph 9.9
100 mph 11.9
110 mph 15.3
120 mph 18.4
130 mph 22.6

HANDLING
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad 0.86 g

2004 SVT Lightning
MSRP $33,310 - No options everythign is standard
380 hp @ 4,750 rpm
Torque: 450 lb-ft @ 3,250 rpm
Curb Weight : 4,700 lb
Tuned dual exhaust, ceramic-coated dual exhaust tips
Four-speed automatic (4R100)
18 x 9.5-in., five-spoke cast aluminum-alloy

Just my opinion, but the interior in the SRT-10 is nicer, the price is $12,500 more and that aint bad! The Dodge is a much newer truck then the L's chasis so I would assume a more rigid structure. I like the Leather suede on the SRT vs. the Cloth/Suede on the L. The 8 speaker w/ sub stereo is a nice touch in the SRT as well. Not too mention the 22" wheels & 15" Front brakes w/ 14" rears. Ford has 18" wheels with 12" Front and 13" Rear brakes.

The extra $12,500 gives you a lot of goodies.

New L comes out in 2006?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by livinsvt:

I don't know how cheap looking plastic flat dash and crappy seats compare to seude leather and a overall nice interior. For $55,000 (at least thats what the one a the show was), I would expect a whole lot more.

'Cause some people that aren't complete dashstrokers will argue that 500/500 for $46K is a bargain. They'd rather the money go into the engine, suspension, and transmission than supple leather seats and soft-to-the-touch dashboards. Same reason I bought my SVT Contour. It's not gonna win any interior design contests, but as a pure driver's car it couldn't be beat for the price.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
The 05 Lightning is going to have 500HP/500TQ.

The SRT-10 is a sweet truck, and I hope to see one or two in my area.. I think if the 05 Lightning were to come out in 04, then there would actually be room for debate, but since it isn't out until next year, I hear the Dodge guys saying "well Ford had another year than us to make those kinda number" and blah blah blah... This will never end, but as an opinion Id rather go with the Lightning myself.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
The 05 Lightning is going to have 500HP/500TQ.

That will be mighty hard to do seeing as how there won't be an '05 Lightning... and nobody has seen any sort of numbers for the '06 model yet.

A Guinness record for Fastest Production Truck in the World is just a good way for Ford/Dodge to get press. I like the competition between the two and I'm sure that Ford and Dodge, no matter what you might think, enjoy the rivalry. Everybody has to bring top-notch sh*t to the table, or else.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Too bad Chevrolet doesn't even factor into this, where in the hell are they anyways The Silverado SS is a pretty good lookin' truck IMO, but adding the "SS" badge on it is a joke. The motor isn't special, its just the motor thats standard in the Escalade, BFD and wheres the magicians at SLP to work their wonders on it Maybe, just maybe, that upcoming 427 s/b will make it into one of their trucks

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard