Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Well not by choice, but I'm pretty sure my diff is gone in the Contour as of Sunday. I was at a stop sign and when I turned some wierd crap started happening and if you go to this link in Troubleshooting you can read the rest of the story:

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=518637&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Sucks to be me, I was really hoping on using that money elsewhere, though I'm sure there can be worse things then installing an LSD.

PDXSVT, did you ever get yours installed locally? If so can you give me then name of the shop. If not I think I'm going to have to go out on a limb and take my chances here.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Mine's still gathering dust waiting on cash for everything installing it MIGHT involve (New clutch? New or resurfaced flywheel? Synchros? Shift tower? Shift bearings? Shim/install kits? New motor mounts? Renting or buying a beater for while mine's torn apart?)

Aldridge Motorsports in NE Portland declined to give a quote or a referral. Beaverton Transmission and Bradshaw's Transmission in Portland were willing to try an install quoting about $900 labor plus parts, but I felt they'd not installed a quaife before. The WRX fans at Rallitek in SE Portland are eager and conversant on quaifes, but I'm still worried to have them use my car as a first time with an MTX-75: Would they recognize other problems needing attention? I did not call Rothsport, from my being busy on other stuff.

Mike Shotwell shipped his to Terry Haines and is happy with his (does he still have a cable issue?) but there's shipping costs two ways, removal/reinstall costs, car storage logistics and down time during shipment to figure.

IF you get some quotes from someone local who does know this tranny and LSDs, PLEASE contact me. PIR and Woodburn would be MUCH more fun this summer. Or will some shop cut a deal to do TWO cars?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Damn dude. That sucks. I still have the shipping container from when I shipped mine to Terry. That's what I recommend you do. I'm sure Chris and I can get your transmission out too. I'll talk to him about it. Terry has a good price on the quaife as well. I'm happy with mine! Let me know.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Chris might be up in the air for now on being able to pull Qbert's tranny. I talked with Chris today about other things going on at his shop.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Yeah, I'm not too concerned about having a lift for this. Yes it would make it quicker, but I'm pretty sure I can do it on the ground. I wouldn't mind your experience though Mike. Having someone around that has pulled the tranny out of one of these before would be invaluable. I'll give you a call later on in the week. Too much going on right now to think about it.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Rob,
That sucks, but it's cool at the same time... Broken parts is always a great excuse to upgrade.

I should get my car back Friday. It's been 5 weeks. I didn't want to rush the shop or anything... I wish you a speedier LSD install than mine.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Thanks Derek. When you get up here that will make about 3 of us in the area with LSD's. I really wanted a Torsen, but the prices I'm finding on Quaifes right now are unbelievable. It is also a little harder to track the Torsen's down.

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Sooo... Not that I could justify buying one now, but what kinda unbelievable prices are ya findin'?...

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I, too, got a great deal on the Quaife (including the $ for the shims). Although, SVTCuervo had some SMOKING deals on the Torsen when I was shopping around. ~650 IIRC. Contact "Keyser" about the Torsen, too.
Hope that helps.

BTW, thanks for saying "when you're up here." I should hear back from schools THIS WEEK!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Qbert,

Do what I did;
Find a trans on Ebay (there are always a few),
have the seller ship it directly to Terry,
have Terry upgrade/rebuild and fit an LSD,
and have him send it to you.

Shipping from Terry, LSD, and complete rebuild with all parts was alittle less than $1100. Found my trans from $150 plus $75 shipping from LKQ Auto Parts off Ebay.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard