Print Thread
Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by FreeProjectPat:
I know this is a dumb question, but I haven't been keeping up with this, I just found out about it, and I want in, but, what is the "plate" for?

Ths shifter is longer below the pivot point on the shifter. With out the plate the shifter would hit the floor of the car. So with the plate you get enough room to install the shifter.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by SvtinAtl:
I have no idea, what type of shift tower I have. Is this critical?

The type of plate you get depends on which style you have. And just because you have a 2000, DO NOT ASSUME you have the newer style shift tower! Some 2000's (including mine) were built with the older style shift tower, so you should check to see which you actually have. To help you out, here are some pictures I found from the last group buy thread.

The 98-99 style is two pieces. There is a silver part that bolts on to the top. With this plate, you will get longer bolts and actually put the plate in between the two pieces of the shift tower.

Here is an example of the 2000 style. Notice it is all one piece, so the other plate will not work. For more of Scott's pictures, look
here.

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by myfastse:
I know this is a dumb question, but I haven't been keeping up with this, I just found out about it, and I want in, but, what is the "plate" for?

Ths shifter is longer below the pivot point on the shifter. With out the plate the shifter would hit the floor of the car. So with the plate you get enough room to install the shifter.

Ok, thanks for the info...So that means everyone needs a plate, right? Meaning if correct installation is desired, to plate or not to plate isn't an option, correct? How difficult is installation... I'm in pending the install is simple. Sorry I'm being so difficult...

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by myfastse:

Ok, thanks for the info...So that means everyone needs a plate, right? Meaning if correct installation is desired, to plate or not to plate isn't an option, correct? How difficult is installation... I'm in pending the install is simple. Sorry I'm being so difficult...

Very easy install. Took me 15 mins.

Just a Plain SE. AKA Big Country I maybe path914's B**** now, but wait until he needs his clutch done. We will see WHO is WHO's B**** then!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I am in.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Cool, me too...Pending the Mrs.' approval, of course 98 SVT, BTW...

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I want in, maybe. If I can fix my OBX, I will jsut save face and do that!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why hasn't anyone posted install instructions in the "How to" section?

I would feel better about the gb, and installation, if I had some instructions from someone that has already busted their knuckles and made the mistakes, so that I don't have to.

Lee Alvarez
98.5 CSVT

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by SvtinAtl:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why hasn't anyone posted install instructions in the "How to" section?

I would feel better about the gb, and installation, if I had some instructions from someone that has already busted their knuckles and made the mistakes, so that I don't have to.

Lee Alvarez
98.5 CSVT

Here you go. Instructions from first group buy.

I think that they may be on like page 20 or so, but they are there.

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
How about a list of who is in so we know where we stand?

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
Page 2 of 35 1 2 3 4 34 35

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard