Print Thread
#855734 01/28/04 04:05 PM
M
morbid Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Old fat rich people had the land permit revoked from AMP on the 21st... which forced the SCCA national tour event to relocate last weekend. This site was built by a solo2 person because all the other sites in Phoenix kinda suck. In case you haven't heard of AMP, it has an ocean of a skidpad (800'x 800')... and a 2.25 mile road course. When this site was completed last year, basically every club (cars and bikes) moved to them. There has also been county hearings about the site since it's first event (SCCA national tour last year?). The site was ultimately shutdown due to corrupt county supervisors (nearly all of them) and greedy land developers. My understanding is that AMP is currently sueing the county for wrongful closure or something.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Bastiges!! That was a awesome looking place when I saw it last year. When i was there visiting ddavis and family, I remember something about ppl complaining about the noise... like the afb just down the road is any quieter... That and something about zoning laws and what not... zoning...

M
morbid Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
oops, intended to put their website http://www.arizonamotorsportspark.com

That's Luke AFB, the only F16 training facility in the US (from what I hear). When we're working the course.. and a few F16's are flighing overhead, you can't hear the worker radio even if it's pressed against your ear. Also, that land was previously zoned for commercial/light industrial... so a private facility for club racing "should" have fit the bill . Unfortunetly, there are many stupid people in the world... and some of them buy $300,000 - $600,000 homes right next to a highly active airbase... then complain about infrequent and mild track noise.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Some more info (scroll down to page 20 or so): http://www.maricopa.gov/agendas/pdf/formal.pdf

'99 Black SVT Join the SVTOA
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Some more info (scroll down to page 20 or so): http://www.maricopa.gov/agendas/pdf/formal.pdf

I don't see anything about the track anywhere in there...

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
It looks like it was updated in the past week or so. The previous agenda detailed the requirements that AMP had to meet in order stay open. IIRC they can only have 25 people on site at a time, if they get the appropriate water permits then they can have 200.

'99 Black SVT Join the SVTOA

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard