Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
Coupla months ago i picked up a 95 gl v6 w/a blown hed gasket real cheap. I found same car on ebay w/85k supposedly not running because of wiring harness. I had ford dealer fix the harness and as soon as it started up (after i replaced the plugs) Thick white smoke all over the place. When i changed the oil there seemed to be an excessive amount and it smelled really strongly of gasoline. Could there be any other causes for this than hed gsk? The idle was very high until i switched out intake/fuel component/sensor on the 2cars. Compression checked out fine on all cyl. The plugs still foul out very quickly even after oil and fuel component change. What i am wondering is if i am going to spend all the time and money of new hed gasket and shop work on heads only to find out there are more serious problems with the eng??????????Also should mention that i found no coolant in the oil or oil in the coolant. Damn i feel ingnorant, I don't know wtf the practical thing to do with this vehicle is, can anyone help?

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Are you getting any memory codes? Have you run the EEC-IV self test? Checked for spark at all the plugs?

I don't see how a blown head gasket would cause what appears to be a really bad misfire or an excessive rich fuel mixture.

R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R

haven't run the codes, but engine light is on. There is spark on all plugs. It runs really well despite all the smoking.

R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
As upper and lower intake have been replaced along with all attatched components(fuel pressure reg, injectors, idle air control ect, plus coil packs/plugs/) anyone have any idea what could cause rich mixture or misfire?

R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
I tried to run the codes but am not getting anything. I had a friend try to run them at local trade school with a proper scan tool and he had trouble too, although it could quite possibly be operator error on both parts as the cel does come on.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I'd suggest trying another scantool. A bad MAF could cause some strange fuel mixture problems.

R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
k, so where/ what is an maf

R
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
also having trouble getting this thing started. It cranks fine and occaisionally tries to fire up but rarely comes to an idle.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I had the same issue before. The problem with mine was a injector that was always firing or not firing in time with the spark. Mine occured after I had the engine out and put it back in. The actual cause of the problem was a loose wiring harness. Basically the three wiring harnesses on the passenger side of the engine compartment were not "clicked" together. Un-plug those three harnesses and plug them together. If you do not hear the click when you put them together than they will not make proper contact. 2 of mine clicked and the third required a pair of channel locks to get it to click. Once I did that the misfire was gone and no more gas in the oil.

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
MAF is the sensor between the airfilter and the throttle body. It has 4 wires connected to it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard