Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Ooh, I like this idea.

How are you planning on connecting the sway bar? I have heim joints right now and would like to keep them.

They make crimp style brackets with threaded holes for heim joints or end links to sway bars. I couldn't remember without looking if the rear bars even connected directly to the bar... I guess they do.

I'll be measuring Rick's car up this weekend hopefully. If we're unable to measure it up, I may have to offer a free set to someone to drive up here to measure them up and install them or something... Interested??? Demon???

Originally posted by Swazo:
Are they going to be the greaseable heim joints? I am interested either way.....

I think I'm pretty much going to offer about any kind of heim joint from greaseable entry level ones up to the nylon impregnated kind that don't need any more lube. They will all feature the rubber boot seals to keep dirt out of the joint for much improved life though, so that they will last at least a couple of years before needing replacement.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by bnoon:
I'll be measuring Rick's car up this weekend hopefully. If we're unable to measure it up, I may have to offer a free set to someone to drive up here to measure them up and install them or something... Interested??? Demon???

ME ME ME!!!

I know how to measure things really well man...

I'll at least help test fit the first or second set.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
LOL! I'll let you know how it goes this weekend then. If nothing else, I'll offer you some sort of discount on the first production set.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
So am I correct in assuming that these would be illegal in STS/STX?

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
I've ordered the first set of bars and rod ends. I'm having trouble finding a sway bar bracket to clamp to the bar though. 1.125" bar if anyone knows of anything that will work or has any ideas... I thought I had it figured out by using a balast bracket from a roundy round race car site, but they only go down to 1.25" sizes...

Illegal in STS/STX? Are those SCCA classes or something???

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Let me examine the sway bar mounts on my truck. The bar mounts to the strut rods by means of close to what you are talking about. If its two piece, the bottom could be used to wrap around the control arm and then bolt a heim joint (or similar) to the top of the swaybar.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
definately interested

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
The sway bar mounting bracket that is on the truck could possibly work in this situation. I dont have any measurements, other then just visual (I was looking through a small gap between the snow and the bumper). It is using two metal straps (for lack of a better word) that bolt together around the strut rod creating a loop. The rubber bushing goes inside of that. Right now the other end holds the normal sandwich style sway bar end link, but it could probably be easily removed and tapped to accept a heim joint. It also looks like it is the same height as our factory setup, if not just a tad bit shorter, which would be better for lowered cars.

The Dodge dealer could probably give you exact measurements, just make sure you have them look it up for a 2wd, the 4wd bracket is completely different.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Here is what I am talking about. This pic is 1280x960 so you will have plenty of detail. Clicky!

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by bnoon:
I've ordered the first set of bars and rod ends. I'm having trouble finding a sway bar bracket to clamp to the bar though. 1.125" bar if anyone knows of anything that will work or has any ideas... I thought I had it figured out by using a balast bracket from a roundy round race car site, but they only go down to 1.25" sizes...

Illegal in STS/STX? Are those SCCA classes or something???

Any word on these yet? About that sway bar attachment. What about a 2 piece aluminum clamp? You could very easily make one yourself. Bore the clamp to the O.D. of the control arm tube, drill 2 holes and tap for pinch bolts, saw the block in half(so it can squeeze down on the control arm)and drill and tap a mounting hole for a heim joint/threaded rod etc to connect the sway bar end link. Just an idea...basically just like proir posts pic, but aluminum.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard