Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
I put a good battery in my car. But, I need a front alignment badly...I'm out 2 parada spec 2's On a side note I dug up some rear control arms, found my spare rod ends,and found some hydraulic tubing that should work quite nicely for my run of control arms. I'm still trying to think of a good way to attach the sway bar to them though. I'm waiting on a response from Mumm for any inside info he can give

This is what I've come up with so far:

The offset hole will be milled for a 1.125" bar, then the smaller end will be cut off as a cap and clearanced for some amount of compression to grip the bar. The two smaller holes will be drilled and tapped for 3/8" hardware and the other end with the single hole will be drilled/tapped for a 3/4" rod end to attach to the sway bar as an end link type of thing. I still have to measure to make sure I've got the length correct and that the hardware I want to use will fit, but this is the general idea. It's a bit big right now at 2" thick and 5" long, so I will imagine that it will shrink before production happens.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I'm interested. I've already gone thru 2 of these factory POS.

dan

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Bnoon
You read my mind!!!!! I too am thinking about making a block/mount that'll hold just like that. Heres the deal I'm going to be ordering some new rod ends today and some lefthanded taps. I'm using some 25mm hydraulic tubing from work on my prototypes. I wanted 1" but of course we had none. so I'm gonna see how it'll hold up with the 25mm oh its 3mm wall,should more then strong enough. I'm gonna be dropping the subframe out of one of my cars to take measurements and box in the sway bar mounts. I'm also going to be measuring my current aussie bar setup on my EO car to see where it sits right now on the ground. And from there I'll make my bracket. My plan is to have the arms made by the end of the week and hopefully the mounts too. I'll keep you informed.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by bnoon:
I've ordered the first set of bars and rod ends. I'm having trouble finding a sway bar bracket to clamp to the bar though. 1.125" bar if anyone knows of anything that will work or has any ideas... I thought I had it figured out by using a balast bracket from a roundy round race car site, but they only go down to 1.25" sizes...

Illegal in STS/STX? Are those SCCA classes or something???

Any word on these yet? About that sway bar attachment. What about a 2 piece aluminum clamp? You could very easily make one yourself. Bore the clamp to the O.D. of the control arm tube, drill 2 holes and tap for pinch bolts, saw the block in half(so it can squeeze down on the control arm)and drill and tap a mounting hole for a heim joint/threaded rod etc to connect the sway bar end link. Just an idea...basically just like proir posts pic, but aluminum.

hahahaHey Bnoon I told you to do that almost a year ago I guess I should have took my own advice and did it.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
I've ordered the first set of bars and rod ends. I'm having trouble finding a sway bar bracket to clamp to the bar though. 1.125" bar if anyone knows of anything that will work or has any ideas... I thought I had it figured out by using a balast bracket from a roundy round race car site, but they only go down to 1.25" sizes...

Illegal in STS/STX? Are those SCCA classes or something???

Any word on these yet? About that sway bar attachment. What about a 2 piece aluminum clamp? You could very easily make one yourself. Bore the clamp to the O.D. of the control arm tube, drill 2 holes and tap for pinch bolts, saw the block in half(so it can squeeze down on the control arm)and drill and tap a mounting hole for a heim joint/threaded rod etc to connect the sway bar end link. Just an idea...basically just like proir posts pic, but aluminum.

hahahaHey Bnoon I told you to do that almost a year ago I guess I should have took my own advice and did it.

Yeah, I already had this design scetched out... Are you the one that showed me pics of some old truck or something that had something similar on it stock? I remember some rusty parts in the pictures and thinking my design would work... Just haven't had the time or money to put the parts out there into production... plus no prototype mule sitting in my garage for the past two years now. Kinda takes the motivation factor and puts it in slow-mo...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Yeah, I already had this design scetched out... Are you the one that showed me pics of some old truck or something that had something similar on it stock? I remember some rusty parts in the pictures and thinking my design would work... Just haven't had the time or money to put the parts out there into production... plus no prototype mule sitting in my garage for the past two years now. Kinda takes the motivation factor and puts it in slow-mo...

slow mo I hear yah..I have 2 of these cars and I'm just starting to get my butt in gear. I was at work till midnite machining parts tonight trying to get ahead for once. I don't remember who posted the truck pics but I do remember them. Me+ 6-7 days at work a week+new homeowner+gutted half of house=NO TIME!!!!! and I just got over pneumonia

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Are you the one that showed me pics of some old truck or something that had something similar on it stock? I remember some rusty parts in the pictures and thinking my design would work...

If its the pics that I am thinking of, those would have been from me. I can get you more pics and measurements if you want. Just shoot me a PM.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I started the forward rear control arms yesterday. Me and another ceger are sorting through ideas on that clamp/sway bar mount. I'm gonna dig up some AL for the clamp and try to mill 2 out this week. I still have to make centering spacers for the rod ends though. Hopefully in a few more weeks I'll be installing this stuff in my car or another cegers car I have a subframe to beef up also I might mock up the whole thing on my bench to see if it'll work or not.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
so any updates on these? maybe i missed it but these r going to be camber adjustable right?

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
hmmm seems likelots of people start to make these then go nowhere with them. I am giving up on waiting and just havint sombdoy box all 4 rear control arms heheh

99 merc cougar, Auto cross junkie
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard