Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Brad has access to my car and I actually fabbed up the original set of the rearmost lca's a couple years back. With both our hectic schedules, it's been tough getting much new fab work done. I attempted boxing a set of front's but got carried away with the welding and melted the original rubber bushings from the heat so I gave up on it for the time being, but that again was a couple years ago.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Someone needs to get me a set of the front/rear control arms so I can box them in with the old TIG

Now about not being able to connect the sway bar to a round tube front control arm....what if you used bigger rod ends that would actually have the eyelet be the same as the control arm O.D. ? A couple of clampable stops and the sway bar mount pivots turns yet stays still.....I might just get creative one of these days and do my rear control arms and maybe try the fronts while I'm at it. I have a pile of rod ends lying around and I can always swipe some from work

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by Bradness:
Then on our cars you have the problem of somehow connecting the sway bar via end link to a round tube.

A heim joint conversion for the sway bar helps in not trashing the urethane bushings that my Aussie Bar so happily did, a few times. The drawback is that there isnt much room for two heim joints and still keeping the sway bar flat at ride height.

What about using a larger heim joint, installed onto the bar before assembly, so that the smaller heim joint could screw into it from above? You would need some kind of stopper to keep the joints, and the sway bar, from moving from side to side.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by NVSVT:
Brad,

Please don't let this project die!

It's not totally dead yet. I still need a car to prototype on... perhaps it's time for a new post...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
B
B
Got one sitting in the trailer here any time you need it.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Rick

You got a spare control arm? I'd box it in for you.....once I get rid of this damn pneumonia

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

Rick

You got a spare control arm? I'd box it in for you.....once I get rid of this damn pneumonia

He's got a "spare" car since it sits all winter. Must be nice to have a race car and a daily driver!

Rick, does it move under it's own power yet? Ala alternator problem...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by bnoon:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:

Rick

He's got a "spare" car since it sits all winter. Must be nice to have a race car and a daily driver!

Rick, does it move under it's own power yet? Ala alternator problem...

I have 2 csvts also one runs....well the battery is dead, the other is sitting behind my dads garage with no motor in it.

B
B
The battery is up, but I haven't changed the alternator yet. I at least got the trailer opened up this weekend though.

Rick

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I put a good battery in my car. But, I need a front alignment badly...I'm out 2 parada spec 2's On a side note I dug up some rear control arms, found my spare rod ends,and found some hydraulic tubing that should work quite nicely for my run of control arms. I'm still trying to think of a good way to attach the sway bar to them though. I'm waiting on a response from Mumm for any inside info he can give

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard