Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I believe my pump is going again that makes #3! anyway I last replaced it this past spring about 20K ago and I used a pump from autozone that came with a lifetime warranty. Heres the deal, providing I can find the reciept, how would I go about getting the new pump. I would imagine I would have to take the old one in exchange for the new one but I am going to have it done at the stealership so I cant figure out a way to do it without buying a new pump.

I have a 98 duratec with the return style fuel system. The first pump I replaced was the 2nd day I owned the car at 30K then again at 50K and now. are these bad pumps or is it something else? I have done the fuel filters,tune-ups and all the goodies. Should I go with the AZ pump or order one from BAT? The current AZ one has always been loud!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Your having a Ford dealer replace and put in a non Ford part?
Why pay there HUGE hourly rates!!!!!
I didn't think they did this as that's where they make there money - on parts.

As for getting a new pump from autozone you will probably need reciept and fuel pump.
They might also want to test the pump before you get your new one. Don't think any company will refund you money.
If they're like the stores up here.

If there nice about it they will just swap them.
Call them and ask!! Best answer I can think of!

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by chongo:
Your having a Ford dealer replace and put in a non Ford part?
Why pay there HUGE hourly rates!!!!!
I didn't think they did this as that's where they make there money - on parts.

Unfortunately the only decent place to get her fixed is at the stealership! I dont trust the backyard mechanics that are not certified at these small town shops we have here.

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Autozone usually keep all of your infor in the symstem when u purchase things that are under lifetime warranty...they can usually pull it up by your phone number if u dont have the receipt...if u do not take them the old part u'll have to purchase a new pump which u will be refunded once u return the old pump...thats how its always worked for me when i've needed to change brakes and alternator...and even my fuel pump..buy new part...change...and return old parts for my refund.

98 Silver Frost EO 90 Grand Am H.O. Quad 4 300,000+ miles
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by FROSTY SVT:
Autozone usually keep all of your infor in the symstem when u purchase things that are under lifetime warranty...they can usually pull it up by your phone number if u dont have the receipt...if u do not take them the old part u'll have to purchase a new pump which u will be refunded once u return the old pump...thats how its always worked for me when i've needed to change brakes and alternator...and even my fuel pump..buy new part...change...and return old parts for my refund.

Thanks, Ill give it a try!

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I believe my pump is going again that makes #3! anyway I last replaced it this past spring about 20K ago and I used a pump from autozone that came with a lifetime warranty. Heres the deal, providing I can find the reciept, how would I go about getting the new pump. I would imagine I would have to take the old one in exchange for the new one but I am going to have it done at the stealership so I cant figure out a way to do it without buying a new pump.

I have a 98 duratec with the return style fuel system. The first pump I replaced was the 2nd day I owned the car at 30K then again at 50K and now. are these bad pumps or is it something else? I have done the fuel filters,tune-ups and all the goodies. Should I go with the AZ pump or order one from BAT? The current AZ one has always been loud!

All these fuel pump problem seem to happen to everyone else but me. I'm at 57,300 still original fuel pump.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Yeah, usually all they need is your phone number.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

All these fuel pump problem seem to happen to everyone else but me. I'm at 57,300 still original fuel pump.

Your not alone! Just changed my original one at 125,000km.
I replaced it with Ford pump too. Seems everyone wants to find a cheaper
priced product and there getting them too.

1996 2.5LT V6 Contour ATX My Tour+help/info pics E0 rims, Gutted Pre-Cats,CTA Custom Exhaust & Intake, Diablo Chip.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
What are the symptoms of a bad fuel pump? Does it just stop working all the way, or is it intermittant?

I'm having a strange problem with my Contour and I believe it is fuel related. I'm going to change the fuel filter here soon.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE
P
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
P
Fuel pumps usually start howling pretty bad. They won't put out the right amount of fuel or pressure so you'll notice it in the engines performance. It might start cutting out at certain rpm's or just feel sluggish over all.

96 Mystique GS 85 VW Golf
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard