Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
I have spent the last three days searching for a "newer" used vehicle since my Contour has been totaled.

EVERY car I look at is NO comparison to my Contour!!! Dealers are asking ridiculus prices for cars that are dirty, worn, and just don't run right!

I've test drove some Focus's. THEY SUCK so far. I WILL NOT buy one. TOO SMALL, and TOO much plastic for my liking.

I've tested some Taurus's, but they seem "too" large, and the seats are quite squishy, though they have some nice options on them.

I've tested some cavaliers, but can what can I say? This car has no power!

I tested a few Malibu's, liked a black 2002 Malibu LS, fully loaded, BUT I hear a lot of bad things about Malibu's, and that doesn't turn me on.

Plus yesterday I found out that my car insurance just went up $200 a year because of an address change, so that doesn't help matters either.

I am DYING to find another Contour SE Sport, but haven't found one yet. I found a 1999 Contour (4 cyclinder) at a dealership today, and he wanted $6,995 for it. I told him that I bought my 2000 Contour SE Sport for $5,995 - then he said that he could give me that 1999 contour for $5,995. YEAH RIGHT...it was a year older than mine, AND it had more miles. Other than that, he wasn't willing to work on the price, so I said "SEE YA!"

There are a few SE Sports on AutoTrader but unfortunatly, I have to finance. Bummer.

Luckily I still have two weeks on my rental car, so I have a little bit of time to keep looking. And I've been driving this 2004 Grand Prix around like crazy, putting LOTS of miles on it.

Sooo......any other suggestions for good USED cars? I have to keep my payments under $200 a month, so I need to keep the car under $10,000.

I wish a really nice car would just fall into my lap, and say BUY ME!!! (Wishing it were a 2000 Contour SE Sport)

~ Kari ~

Silver Frost 2000 Ford Contour SE Sport V6 Automatic 61,400 Miles
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
keep checking the contours in the classifieds. also, maybe a older taurus SHO. a little more sporty than the regular ones. kind of an old school svt. the contour is a great car, i would keep looking. i dont know what you have driven, but if you are looking for a 4 door, maybe look at v6 camry (toyota) or dare i say it, an accord??? probably not as good as a tour, but who knows, you may like it.

my sis just picked up her contour from the classifieds, real nice and it was cheap (95MIDs old car). keep searching, you will find something!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Well, it seems like there's always a ton of contours and stiques in the SE mich area, i picked up my second mystique (the current one) like 6ish months ago for around the same price as you, and it was fully loaded. ....Gotta keep looking.

This one looks great, black mystiques are sooo hot. Price is high, but it could definitely come down.

Another hot balck mystique, decent miles, decent price, sounds pretty much loaded up.

Decent options, decent miles, price should come down.

Decent miles, not bad price, extended warranty=good.

There's gotta be more out there still. But ya all in all, it took me a long time to find my car but i was sooo happy when i did, got her with 42,000 mi, body was perfect, interior was just absolutely amazing (i think old people owned it before me), it was fully loaded, and i just love it.

Good luck.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
For 10 grand you could probably get an 00 SVT in good shape. I bought my 99 with 45k miles a year ago for 9700. People might not be selling them right now since it's winter though.. hard to say.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Check out the leases on the NEW Malibu, but try and get the one with the 3.5L V6, its gotta nice ride and ball out the ass, seriously My Dad has one and I was amazed at the car overall, pretty nice interior, for a GM car (sad to say ) It has the manual shift mode too, check it out Don't forget about the Malibu Maxx, cool wagon-type ride IMO!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
My wife and I were quite impressed with a couple of 2002 Mazda 626's we tried. The first one we tried had decent acceleration, was quiet, had lots of room. When I stopped and opened the hood, I was totally surprised to see the 4 cyl in there. We tried the second one ($2000 more for the V6 and fewer miles) and thought, well it goes a little quicker up the hills, but not THAT much.
We didn't get either one, but I would consider one of those before a Camry or Accord.

- Jim Our yardbirds: Belvedere, our '96 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L ATX, 85,000 and going strong Spencer, our '03 Chrysler PT Crusier, 2.4L ATX, 28,000 and just getting started
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
From the CEG classifieds. these cars are in MI:

Quote:

Posted on 01/20/2004 by infinitemethod
This ad expires on 02/19/2004
Located in: MI

2000 Contour SVT for sale
64,000 miles, mostly highway going to and from work and school.
black with tan interior.
very clean.
fully sync oil every 3500 miles
$10,000 or b/o

Quote:

Posted on 01/15/2004 by allenSVT
This ad expires on 02/14/2004
Located in: MI

1998.5 Contour SVT.
Black/Midnight Blue
101,xxx miles.
Overall good condition.

Has upgraded intake and exhaust, and steering wheel.
Comes with: Pioneer Premier CD Player & 6 disk changer.
Factory Cassette head unit, and factory 6 disk changer.
Fully wired for a complete system.
Has a wall behind the seats, with a center view window.
Can be removed easy.
Painted rear center.
Mesh grill upfront.. (has a hole) I have enough material to finish the whole car.

Located in South-Eastern Michigan.

The Bad: Has a cracked center tail, and right tail.
I've dropped the price because of this.

Buying a SUV, dont need this anymore. Awesome car.
$4,500 OBO

scrolling through the classifieds just now kinda makes me wish I was in the market for a used SVT.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
im starting to feel liek i paid to much for my 98 s.e. i paid a lil over $10,000 back in december of 2002. it only had 29,000 on it and i think they put in a new interior and the car looked mint plus i realy wanted it. when it comes ot camry v6 they are prety cool but you can only get a v6 5 speed with a 2 door. and after a certain year you could only get a 5 speed on the 4 cylinder camrys and solaras. the maximas are realy cool if you can fnd one with a 5 speed. im not sure of wether you want a stick or auto but seems obvious that you want a v6 sedan. i dont blame you i couldnt go back to a 4 banger after having a v6 your.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by cvkillacontour98:
im starting to feel liek i paid to much for my 98 s.e. i paid a lil over $10,000 back in december of 2002. it only had 29,000 on it and i think they put in a new interior and the car looked mint plus i realy wanted it.

I hate to say it, but I think you did! Although the car was mint condition, that is a bit much. In 3/2001 we bought ours for nearly $1400 cheaper than that, with 24K miles and in nearly perfect condition, from a Ford dealership no less.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
My suggestion would be a Hyundai Elantra GLS for $9,995 or lower.

The Elantra came in 2nd place in Car & Drivers comparo test of 10 budget compacts.
They raved about the engine 140HP, standard features list is very long and it handled well. Don't forget the 10yr warranty.
Current price in my Sunday paper are GLS 5spd or Auto for $9,995.

I would give the new Suzuki lineup a chance as well if your looking to keep it around $10K as financing is cheaper/easier on a new vehicle.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard