Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 49 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 48 49
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
how come andy's site only lists 98+ contours...i would like to order the front directly from him, but if he is only offering 98+, i am SOL

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
yep me 2

98.5 SVT
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by onosway:

PROBLEM! The back bumper has a crucial flaw. It's not a real bumper - just a bumper cover. The difference? Our cars are made with the bumper support as part of the bumper cover itself. For anybody who has taken off their rear bumper you know what i'm talking about. That bar that runs along the inside back of the stock bumper is our bumper which is bolted to the frame when the bumper is attatced.

Most cars have this seperate. The bumpers for our car were not designed with this in mind - instead what Chris did was make up a bracket - a poorly designed one at that - to hold the back bumper in place. If SVT ST PETE could take some pix of the rear I think it would help (sorry for calling you out but I don't have pix of that bumper). So basically you have no support in the rear. There are no install brackets either - you basically have to drill into your body.

How my shop fixed it - I had to buy another back bumper and they remolded the aftermarket rear to the stock rear to work with it. I don't think Andy's has addressed this - if they did the cost of the rear bumper should be higher. I wasn't really aware of it initially since I didn't know a lot about this kind of stuff and basically took Chris' word that it was okay - I'm not the biggest car guy. My shop did not want my car leaving that shop unless the bumper was in fact a real bumper.

I hope I explained that correctly - basically there is no support under the bumper - nothing to absorb impact in the way an actual bumper would.

This is the problem I have Andy isn't aware of this problem. so they need some pictures of the bracket/inside bumper and the screws that keep the top corners of the bumper. I sold my SVT rear bumper and dont have a picture of it to send them. also the two top screws that hold up the bumper. There is no way else to mount this bumper.. If any one can help send to my email address jaybenally@srmaterials.com thanks... I'll post the pictures of the kit late today or early tommorrow.. thanks again. hope i made sense iam at work and typing fast...

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Here I snapped a few quick pics of my extra bumper, that should help.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
those bastards...

however my shop fixed the problem but i'm saying 'F' Andy's and that a$$ Eric over there. (yeah...i'm bitter)

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The side skirts are made like crap.. dont buy this kit.. front bumper and rear are great if they could find a way to mount the rear bumper.. The side skirts are junk....

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by svtsoboss:
The side skirts are made like crap.. dont buy this kit.. front bumper and rear are great if they could find a way to mount the rear bumper.. The side skirts are junk....

How did you find out?

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
He bought the kit from Andy's...

As I figured - the only thing that would mount properly was the front bumper. I doubt Andy's has a Contour to test fit on. Plus that rear, as I've said before has no BUMPER REINFORCEMENT! So bascially your butt is not protected - dangerous...very dangerous in a rear collision.

The side skirts were designed wrong - The only way to make it work is to mold it to the car. I thought that they would of changed that but if they're going with the design that's on my car there is no way around it. If you don't mold it you'll have these really ugly bolts in your door jam.

FU** CHRIS CROFT yet again. (yes i'm still angry)

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Goddm@n it I want my money now! forget the kit! this is a bunch of crap!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
i really need to know how i can get my money back for my hood.
i still am willing to wait to see the out come of the kit but i need my hood money, for the home i am buying.

99 contour sport atx,new pedals,mesh grill,TSW Zenon 17x7, svt front brakes and springs,struts, shoshop y-pipe no cat and adapter for k&n cone air filter, sca 2 1/2 piping into two can styled magnaflows.
Page 37 of 49 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 48 49

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard