Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Sh!@t needs to start happening.....thats all I have to say about that.

I emailed Eric a few weeks back, got a response in no time. Sent him another a couple days ago, got no response....funny how that works......

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Couldn't somebody from California talk to a lawyer and get a class action suit against kaotic and andy's motorsport,
why i say andy's and kaotic it's because they are both involved and they both made promises that they're not keeping.

If everybody form the GB chips in it won't be that expensive, and as far as proof niceboi say's he has all the paper work and you guys have proof in CEG ( in the group buy section) you have statements made by Andy and the kaotic guys.

I'm pretty sur you guys would win one way or the other, either you would all get your money back or get the damn kits made, if someone can sue a tobacco company and win cause he didn't know that cigarettes causes cancer, why wouldn't you guys win this case.

You guys have been way to patient with this/them, they had their chances to come up with either kits or money, everyone in theis GB gave the money when asked to, i've read every single post made, they [censored] because some people didn't pay by the deadline and now they are ALL being a*holes, not even responding to emails or phone calls, their has been way too many scam artists making GB's, if everytime ppl get ripped off by a scam i say sue them even it's a small amount instead of posting you are, i can tell you this much, as soon as one of the scam artist gets a registred letter from a lawyer that person will jump on the phone and call you and ask "why did you do this i was....get my point

just my $0.02

-Eric

Last edited by contour-mtl; 02/19/04 09:18 AM.

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
I have class today but we're going to get rolling - I'm very much in this to make sure you guys are taken care of. I think I have to accept that I got screwed but I'm not going to let that happen to you guys, you all were more in the dark than me.

I'll see what I can find out Friday or Monday. For now, on everyones part - it looks like small claims is the only choice if the class action doesn't fall through.

I myself am filing a suit against Andy's for using a picture I took of my car for advertising purposes without my concent.

I'll be back on later tonight to see what's new and how we want to go about this. If I get the ball rolling I need someone who can over see everything and remain as a contact person. It's hard for me to do this with school and work - preferebly someone who knows enough about the law and is good with the public (you guys). Those not in the GB are welcome to voulenteer since I'm sure many people know what's going on.

If anybody else has another idea post it - we need to agree on one format going forward.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by Contour-Mtl:
Couldn't somebody from California talk to a lawyer and get a class action suit against kaotic and andy's motorsport,
why i say andy's and kaotic it's because they are both involved and they both made promises that they're not keeping.

One thing to remember here... all these transactions between Chris and Andy's will have to have some documentation behind them. If there is nothing on paper showing the details behind the transaction and what responiblities the other is liable for, nothing can be done.

It might just be that Andy's has a mold for body kit that a good number of people want.

I agree though that it really has come to a point were you guys are gonna have to get some lawyers involved. Nyceboi cannot answer all these queston, nor do I believe the he would have the time to do all that research. Even then, they wont talk to him, so even if there was documentaion on the mold transaction, do you really think they would give it to him?

Reason I'm saying all this is because if only verbal statements were made between Chris and Andy's, everyone's hand are tied. You can place blame where you might think it should go, but we are probably looking at something for a new episode of Americas Most Wanted.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Like i said they did make statements here(in this thread) about having/giving the molds, if they deny the fact that they made these posts, one of the admins or Lance can get the IP's from those posts and trace those back, their are ways to find people even on the net(how do you think they find hackers and people who d/l stuff from kazaa or where ever from).

I hope i'm getting my point across, these people screwed alot of CEG members out of money not just kaotic but also andy's, cause if you pay attention to what they say and just listen to what they are saying you will find out that andy is as much involved as kaotic, there is no way somebody is going to take over something (group buy) without making any money what so ever, he knew what the deal was, he even said that these kits would be ready shortly and now he is completly ignoring everyone's emails or phone calls.

- Eric previous: '98 contour sport zetec mtx light prairie tan
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
There may be some recourse from Andys even if there is not documentation of the transaction. There were posts in this thread about conversations with Andys & their verbal/posted commitment to CEG & the Group Buy. Even without a contract those documented conversations should be worth something in a deposition - perhaps enough to have Andys & Chris settle without a court appearance.

Just get rolling on the class action & perhaps nyceboi & his lawyer can work with the class action lawyers to be sure everybody is covered and all issues are addressed.

Now. Who's gonna pick up the ball?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Nirish, your lawyer will be quick to tell you that if your picture wasn't copyrighted then you have no rights to it. Andy's can claim they found it in the public domain (which he did), therefore he can use it for anything he wants.

It still sucks that he used it to advertise something he has no intention of making, or if he did make them the last people that should be getting them are new customers, those not in the group buy. Then again I don't know the agreement he made with Kaotic, and/or if he promised anything to Kaotic about taking care of the GB first.

P
Master P
Master P
P
Originally posted by Davo7SVT:
Nirish, your lawyer will be quick to tell you that if your picture wasn't copyrighted then you have no rights to it. Andy's can claim they found it in the public domain (which he did), therefore he can use it for anything he wants.

It is not public domain until it is placed in the public domain. Anything you produce you own the copyright to it and can decide how others can use it. However, since he didn't register the picture with the gubment, he can't claim statutory damages, only actual.

http://www.patents.com/weblaw.sht
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/

Just because it's on the web doesn't mean it is free to take and do with as you please.

O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
my main effort is for the greater CEG - I already know they do shady business and will ass crack some story so whatever about the picture. I'll bring it up on some counsel but there's some bigger wrong going on between Andy's/Kaotic...all kinds of wrong.

I saw everybody first register a complaint with the BBB on them. Remember what one member pointed out - they've had one complaint a month for the past 3 years (36 total, and only 1 resolved).

Anybody that has emails from them please post it so atleast we have more than one record of it - I know they said they were going to fulfill this GB - and they better do it.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
I heard back from Eric, they are waiting on Chris.....Chris's wife had surgery the last week of Jan and I do not think anyone heard from him since.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard