Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Hey Crofty, I just wanted to ask if the widebody is still getting shipped along with my kit as planned. Thanks for all of the new updates.

Peace,
Doug C.

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T

Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
~ We were told that these body kits would be "direct bolt on" - false.
Why aren't these kits direct bolt on?
1. The rear bumper bolts on yes. But there are no holes and moutning points for it to mount to the body of the car next to the wheels. It will require more money and fabrication to get the rear bumper mounted.

The parts are direct bolt on.. the kit should have come with self taping screws.. that is how the front of the rear bumper is to be attached.. the style of the mounts that ford used can not be made out of fiberglass. that is something that happens when aftermarket parts are made.. We were the only company to even attempt a full replacement rear bumper for the contour. Unfortunetly there are reasons why no one has done it before.. the parts fit fine and no rearl Fabrications are necessary to put the back bumper on..

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
tnovello, when do u expect the pre 98 kit to start production?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

I think your SOL bro

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

I think your SOL bro

I think he was being terribly sarcastic!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by tnovello:

The parts are direct bolt on.. the kit should have come with self taping screws.. that is how the front of the rear bumper is to be attached.. the style of the mounts that ford used can not be made out of fiberglass. that is something that happens when aftermarket parts are made.. We were the only company to even attempt a full replacement rear bumper for the contour. Unfortunetly there are reasons why no one has done it before.. the parts fit fine and no rearl Fabrications are necessary to put the back bumper on..

Ok, now you guys lost me. Do these bolt over the exsisting bumper with self taping screws from the front??? I was under the impression these replace the factory bumpers covers.

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by tnovello:

Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
~ We were told that these body kits would be "direct bolt on" - false.
Why aren't these kits direct bolt on?
1. The rear bumper bolts on yes. But there are no holes and moutning points for it to mount to the body of the car next to the wheels. It will require more money and fabrication to get the rear bumper mounted.

I received no screws or bolts to mount any of the kit...
The instructions give no indication of how to mount the rear bumper. So are you saying to mount the rear, you must drill through the bumper itself to keep the sides of the rear bumper from flapping around??

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Whata friggin joke

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
with all due respect, you guys are being frickin retarded here, wings west, to my knowledge, is the only company that replicates factory fasteners, andys autosports might. this is how most aftermarket kits go on. they screw, they bondo, they clamp. there is no TRUE bolt on body kit, every one of em needs a fair ammount of work to get lookin good, then they need a good body guy to spray them so the paint sticks and goes down well. i would urge any of you bitching to take your kits to a quality body shop and cry to them about the lack of fasteners. my buddys xenon body kit (big name, lots of circulation) for his neon was held on the sides by friggin c-clamps!

THESE ARE NOT FORD BUMPERS, they arent abs, they dont have 235203579823507 man hours of friggin engineering.

and they are bolt on, i used 4 of my front factory screw mounting points to put mine on so

<breather>

those of you who thought these things would show up abs plastic black in a box from ford with 6 facny little fasteners are smoking dope, this isnt their fault. there's a lot to fault them for, this isnt it. quit bitching about EVERYTHING. [censored] about the service, thats what stinks. stick to the facts and jump off the crybaby crap.

Last edited by Speed Demon; 01/20/04 02:25 AM.

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
with all due respect, you guys are being frickin retarded here,

THESE ARE NOT FORD BUMPERS, they arent abs, they dont have 235203579823507 man hours of friggin engineering.

and they are bolt on, i used 4 of my front factory screw mounting points to put mine on so

<breather>

If this was directed towards me:

I see this picture

Looks all good.

Then I hear they come with 4 self taping screws, maybe you havent seen the kit available for the avenger that the SCREWS ARE ON THE OUTSIDE. Thats why I asked if these are just covers that go on over the current bumper. (like the one sheap'n sh!tty contour kit that bolts to the exsisting cover) WHY did I ask?? Well cuz this is actually going on my 95, I have 98+ HID kit and a 98+ CF hood on order so if the kit I waited on for 2 years requires a 98+ bumper to be screwed to them I am hosed!!!

I do not expect to get a box, wet sand, paint and install. I am quite sure no one makes a product this way.

BTW I have never seen any of Kaotic Products and have not bashed their workmanship, how can I???

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
Page 14 of 49 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 48 49

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard