Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 49 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 48 49
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by KnuKonceptz:

Edit - are these made out of Fiberglass or urethane?

Glass

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
fiberglass, just as advertised, contrary to petes experience my body guy was pretty happy in general with the craftsmanship of the bumper, it took him longer to prep it than he first had thought but he did tell me every glass kit he'd worked on basically went the same way so there was nothing anymore negative about mine than the next, and the fitment was very very good as he put it, i tend to agree... while i do have my doubts because of everything that's gone on here, the product was as described. and we cant ask for anything more than that. bottom line, i am happy with my bumper.

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
I can't even tell what the second picture is... What body piece is that? Looks like it was put through a crash test and then sent out... Thank God I didn't get into this group buy! Sorry about everyone's luck...

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
This is better than Days Of Our Lives...

It's like playing Clue with money

It was colonel Musturd dammit!!!!!

Alright Chris here's your chance to save face in this matter as discussed. Can the rest of us get quality kits fast???????????

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
These Kits are made of fiberglass.. each piece is hand laid.. as done by 90% of the companies on the market.. our kits do fit better than 90% of other companies if you have never installed a kit before it would be best if a qualified body shop did it.. Direct bolt on kits never go on exactly how a stock bumper does.. sorry that's the difference between fiberglass and stock..

You're kits will ship as soon as we can get them done.. we are working to get them shipped asap.. Kaotic is done excepting new orders.. All current orders will be fullfilled but that is all.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by tnovello:
These Kits are made of fiberglass.. each piece is hand laid.. as done by 90% of the companies on the market.. our kits do fit better than 90% of other companies if you have never installed a kit before it would be best if a qualified body shop did it.. Direct bolt on kits never go on exactly how a stock bumper does.. sorry that's the difference between fiberglass and stock..

You're kits will ship as soon as we can get them done.. we are working to get them shipped asap.. Kaotic is done excepting new orders.. All current orders will be fullfilled but that is all.

What are you going to do with the molds then???

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
"Direct bolt on kits never go on exactly how a stock bumper does.." Do all of the 98+ Contours have different stock mounting locations?? Maybe in an effort to "spice things up" Ford elected to make each 98+ Contour different to thwart would be body kit manufacturers. Sounds like the 2 years of waiting was not well spent making these kits work on a car they were specificallly designed for. Based on the posts do far, the only pieces that have been fitted to a car were installed by a body shop, both indicate they will require custom fabrication to have them installed.

I can't believe this GB. I was going to be in this GB but decided I might sell the Contour for a new toy instead. I since bought a '03 miata, a car for which various body kits exist of varying levels of complexity. I have yet to see anyone experiance the delays, frustration and dissapointment I have heard with your kits.

Good luck to you.

Current Car: 2005 Lava Orange Mazdaspeed Miata 2004 Graphite Dodge Stratus Old cars: 2003 Garnet Mica Miata/1998 T-Red SVT Contour
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
The molds are being given to another company that can keep up with the demand. Along with other molds. The kit fits great, as for the headlight gap: its b/c the urethane is thick and the glass is not. Remedy put 3m two-way tape under the front. The parts are stronger than most bodykits out on the market. It is double layered and reinforced mounting. the vents are hand cut and extra left for the bodyshop to finish. All of our parts are hand done from start to finish. That is how most of the kits on the martket are. The only different is we produce inthe us and they produce in Asian countries. The quality of kits are good and strong. Installation is simple the body work should be left to professional. Its simple.

I create Kaotic things cause i can.....;) Making it all look good one car at a time
O
onosway Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
O
I will attest to the quality and strength - i'm not here to knock that. If you've read any or my prior accounts at the shop Chris has jumped on hoods, bent body kits and stood on them as if a table without damage.

I'm here because of how the business was run and how my car and I were handled by Chris/Kaotic. It was in the interest of everybody in the group buy to know exactly what transpired from October till now.

**** as for my car...

Chris and I have agreed to see the project through on the terms that the car will be worked on in my town at a garage of my choosing. I will be giving updates as necessary.

Once the location of the car is set I want CHRIS to give updates as well along with his COMPLETION DATE that I will hold him to with everyone here as my witness.

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by Crofty59:
Installation is simple the body work should be left to professional. Its simple.

Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
~ We were told that these body kits would be "direct bolt on" - false.
Why aren't these kits direct bolt on?
1. The rear bumper bolts on yes. But there are no holes and moutning points for it to mount to the body of the car next to the wheels. It will require more money and fabrication to get the rear bumper mounted.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
Page 13 of 49 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 48 49

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard