Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Quote:

FORD says $125.00 each installed, FORD also says BOSCHE runs hot and can trip the computer. They also told me that the BOSCHE platnums I put in would run HOT and this was bad. Are they lying to me? I thought all you guys put BOSCHE platnums in your contours

Who exactly is "Ford" that you are refering to? Is it a service writer at the dealership? Service manager? Or service technician? This would tell me a lot. If it is a service writer or some service managers, they do not know any more about your car than the average person and they make up stuff as they go. I believe you said they can't give you the codes. Ask them why. After all you paid to have them read and they should have wrote down all the codes as part of their diagnosis. Judging from your last post about bosche I am thinking you are talking to the service writer/ manager as apposed to a mechanic. Also let me try to get this straight. Are they telling you that you have a vaccuum leak that needs fixed plus faulty 02 sensors? This would be highly unlikely and basically imposable to tell unlit they fixed one problem and retested it. I think I might look for a different dealer, walk in a say

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Man, just a word of advice - forget about Ford dealerships. Just forget about their existence. Contact Bill Jenkins, mention that you are from contour.org and get a discount. Then, find a mechanic or just a guy who knows our cars. Try to locate some other CEGers in your area - u might be willing to post in "Branches" section. Dealerships make more money on service than on car sales, so it's only natural they are gonna rip you off royally....

T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I spoke to the "service manager". I was told 3 seperate mechanics worked on the vehicle. I am supposed to call in the morning and speak to the mechanic. I told them to stop the work on Friday. Supposedly they have done nothing since then. When I called Saturday afternoon, the service manager said that the mechanics had left and he had no idea what they had done to the car. He said it was not their intention to "rip off" anyone. I just don't want them to "f@#$" with my car. I wish I had not taken it to the stealership. I really had no choice though. I could not take the risk with my 3 yr old in the car. I just do not know what to do. Should I ask for the old parts? I feel like they saw "SUCKER" when I walked through the door.

98' 2.5 v6 Hunter Green Tour I love my car, but she hates me Fun mods from the bone yard intermittent wipers, fogs, leather shift nob, mud flaps, jack, leds, under hood light, trunk latch, what else can i get?
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I really need some advice guys and gals. What shoul I do?

98' 2.5 v6 Hunter Green Tour I love my car, but she hates me Fun mods from the bone yard intermittent wipers, fogs, leather shift nob, mud flaps, jack, leds, under hood light, trunk latch, what else can i get?
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by armace:
I wish I had not taken it to the stealership. I really had no choice though. I could not take the risk with my 3 yr old in the car. I just do not know what to do. Should I ask for the old parts? I feel like they saw "SUCKER" when I walked through the door.

You got some good advice in this thread. Find out what they've done to your car thus far. O2s would be a good start.

Post in your regional CEG & ask for a good place to take your car in your area. They might even be willing to offer a weekend troubleshoot if you buy the brew - who knows. This will at least give you a good starting point & you'll be a bit more educated & intelligent when you get the car fixed up properly.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
I have to say, I got some good advice here. I will keep all posted when I call the dealership today. Thanks everyone, I love my car, and with this site I will love it more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
As for the Bosch parts, the O2 sensors are fine. I have never had an issue with them. As for the Bosch plugs, avoid them and stay with either the Motorcrafts or the Autolites.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Well..............The stealership called me this morning! The mechanic, not the service manager, said that I did have a vaccum leak, which caused the MAF to go bad. If the leak is left long enough, it will destroy the MAF. He said he always tries to clean them first. He said the aftermarket IAC was bad and was willing to show me the broken spring. He said with the vaccum leak and bad MAF, it was only a matter of time before "any" IAC would go. Still reccommended to change the fuel pump and filter. He said they ran 2 pressure tests on the vehicle, hot and cold and voth came back under pressure. I told him to skip plugs and wires, that I would do those myself, but now the price of service and labor has dropped to $950.00, down from $1350.00. He said he would get me a printout of codes as well. He reccommended NOT replacing the O2 sensors. He also said they visually inspected the Pre-cats and they look fine. They are also giving me all the old parts. Thank you guys for the help. Before I go and do anything stupid again, stealership, I will consult ALL of you.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by armace:
He also said they visually inspected the Pre-cats and they look fine.

That's a good one!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Why make a joke? If you know differently, explain yourself like a decent person would. I thought we were all here to help, not make fun of like little children do.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard