Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#837128 01/07/04 05:43 AM
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Ok, I spent about 3 hours or so trying to get a cluster w/ a tach. (out of a 99 mystique zetec) to work in my girlfriend's tach-less 99 SE zetec. I used the instructions I got off of here where it involved tapping into the black and white signal wire at the computer box. I tapped into that, ran the wire to the cluster. I inserted a pin-connector w/ wire attached into her stock plug (where the tach. wire should be) from a scrap plug and connected the wires. Plugged everything in and nothing. The cluster worked, but not the tach. I even tried wiring her stock wires into the plug that came with the tac. cluster. and still nothing. I DEFINITELY, 100% w/o a doubt tapped into the right wire going into the computer. Pin # 56...in the row that starts w/ 52. I did notice a b/w wire coming out the other side of the plug, but that was never mentioned in the instructions. Any ideas? I'm going to attempt to solve this tomorrow, again. I heard you can tap into a wire (or the same b/w wire) behind the air intake, but I don't know EXACTLY where. Anyone try this?

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, FULLY LOADED Old car- 99 SE Sport ATX w/ SVT body kit (for sale...asking $4,200 OBO), nicely modded, high-flow exhaust y-pipe back and KKM. 95K, but 95% are interstate highway miles back and forth to college everyday.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Mine is actually hanging off one of the bronze clippy thingys on the back of the tach. I tried each one (I believe there are three) until it worked.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
So did you use the stock plug or did you cut the wires and wire them to the plug that came w/ the tach? I tried that, and matched the wires the best I could because some were totally different colors (the first two, I believe) between her wires and the new tach's wires. After I did that, and plugged it in, depressing the hazard lights would make the door ajar "bell" ring. So then I figured I better stop messing with it.

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, FULLY LOADED Old car- 99 SE Sport ATX w/ SVT body kit (for sale...asking $4,200 OBO), nicely modded, high-flow exhaust y-pipe back and KKM. 95K, but 95% are interstate highway miles back and forth to college everyday.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
I don't believe mine is into the plug at all. Its hanging off the back of the tach itself. If I knew where that other cluster was I would show you, but its put up somewhere.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
The tach signal is the middle "clip" on the back of the cluster.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Ok, I see what you mean. On the back of the cluster itself. Somewhere on one of the electrical connections. I'll have to take a good look at the back of the cluster.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by rob:
Ok, I see what you mean. On the back of the cluster itself. Somewhere on one of the electrical connections. I'll have to take a good look at the back of the cluster.

I should have clarified....it is the middle clip directly behind the tach.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I'm the one that actually wrote those instructions...Later, after writing them, I realized that 56 is the wrong pin number. Sounds like you still tapped the right one, just wanted to let you know that it's actually counting DOWN from 52 instead of up. So it's actually pin #48, not 56.

Andrew Morris '99 SE Zetec ATX All of life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable. Everything else is small stuff.
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
OK, I'll double check it anyway. Does anyone know where that wire is located behind the air intake? Someone said there are wires coming out of an ignition box somewhere???

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by rob:
OK, I'll double check it anyway. Does anyone know where that wire is located behind the air intake? Someone said there are wires coming out of an ignition box somewhere???

Out of the ECU.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard