Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Y
yorkie Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
need help, it had fallen off, what does it do? Are there bushings for it, how does it attach? The cable that runs from a box under the 2.5 plastic cover on the front of engine held on with 3 bolts moves this linkage, seems to be some sort of valve....Linkage runs just above fuel pressure regulator. Help

Last edited by yorkie; 01/04/04 02:39 AM.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by yorkie:
need help, it had fallen off, what does it do? Are there bushings for it, how does it attach? The cable that runs from a box under the 2.5 plastic cover on the front of engine held on with 3 bolts moves this linkage, seems to be some sort of valve....Linkage runs just above fuel pressure regulator. Help

It's the IMRC cable. See if you can pop it back on. If not, your secondaries will not open.

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
Y
yorkie Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
there is nothing but the linkage laying there and square holes, I assume there are like Nylon bushings the linkage snaps into.???

Y
yorkie Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
how does this cable work? Please enlighten me, I am clueless.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
There should be a plastic clip on the cable itself. Similar to the cruise control cable. If it's not there, it's gone. You'll have to replace the cable.

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
Y
yorkie Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
on the areas the linkage connects the two together there are square holes, like a bushing of some sort goes in, then the linkage snaps in??

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds like you mean the small rod that runs from the back bank (where the IMRC cable connects) to the front bank. Yes there are plastic / nylon plugs that go in the square holes on the IMRC arms to hold the rod - they get brittle and break. If you still have the rod you can just use e-clips from any hardware store to hold it, or order new retainers from Ford.

I think Lance (site creator) broke his and had to order new ones from Bill J - so he could speak up on this.

Without the cable your front bank butterflies may be totally opeen or totally closed, if you move the metal arm toward the radiatorr that is open, moving it back toward the firewall is closed.

FYI - a partly or fully open IMRC bank may adversely effect idle, and could (maybe?) explain moosing if you've never had it before. Maybe a long shot but I would fix this and clean your current IAC with TB cleaner before replacing any parts for the moose from your posst above.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Originally posted by ScottK:
I think Lance (site creator) broke his and had to order new ones from Bill J - so he could speak up on this.

Haha! Broke? They crumbled when I pulled the linkage out (necessary for rebuilding the intake).

Here's the part # from the intake rebuild howto:
IMRC linkage grommets (3 for 1995-97, 2 for 1998+) F5RZ-9F955-AB

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I bought two of these bushings for my intake rebuild but did not use them. If you want them, they're available at my cost. PM or email me (remove the word "remove" from my address).

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
Y
yorkie Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
gonna get 2 bushings and a iac gasket from the local dealer, I will clean the throttle body with seafoam deep creep. Clean IAC and install linkage back on it, see how it goes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard