Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Everything about the car looks to be better than the "new" Focus we're getting. The interior is better, the styling looks more well thought out (although derivative of the Cavalier in some ways) and the engine options are nice. I'm willing to bet the price on these will make the "new" Foci look like a rediculous waste of money.

140hp 2.2L Ecotec vs. 130hp 2.0L Zetec
170hp 2.4L Ecotec vs. 150hp 2.3L Duratec
200hp 2.0L Supercharged Ecotec vs... um... hello?

Not bad at all and keep in mind te torque numbers on the ecotec engines are all identical or higher than thier hp numbers. When they come out I'll have to test drive one and see how the handling is.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Hmmmm......I guess I will have to make a decision after I see them in person at the Autoshow (in about a week or so).
Although I must admit I have never been a huge bow tie fan.

'04 Bright Red Ranger FX4 ~ S/C 4X4
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Well, awhile back I ranted about how there are no cars (USA nameplate) that are worth buying these days... then along comes this. I will pay a visit to a dealership when they arrive. Maybe KC will have one in their autoshow in February too!

I wonder if Pontiac will get a Sunfire replacement?? I'd really like to see what they do with it.

My Tour will need replacing about that time too.... But I don't think I'll trade her in, she's not worth the pittance they'd give me. Easier to keep her and have a spare car when needed.

I like the Coupe as well, it has a very different design than what's out there now. Especially the 4 door Cavalier it replaces.

Let's all hope!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
What a peice of trash, looks now like one of them Jap cars, out of my years of makin fun of cavaliers, i say a cavalier looks alittle better than that! And its known that GM sucks at most their cars, so pretty sure that thing will suck too

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
To each his own. I don't think Cavaliers are all that great either. Hopefully GM has learned a lesson from Honda, Nissian, hell even Hyuandai (spelling?).

D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by KevContour:
What a peice of trash, looks now like one of them Jap cars, out of my years of makin fun of cavaliers, i say a cavalier looks alittle better than that! And its known that GM sucks at most their cars, so pretty sure that thing will suck too

Congratulations...after reading yur post i an nw dummr then i wuz juzt a fw mintues ago....

Looks good, both interior and exterior. Will be in the list of cars I will investigate for my next car.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by KevContour:
What a peice of trash, looks now like one of them Jap cars

Um... yeah... I love hillbilly talk!

You think the Cavalier looks good? That's like me saying the Focus looks nice

I think you should maybe not ever talk again...

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:

I wonder if Pontiac will get a Sunfire replacement?? I'd really like to see what they do with it.

Now that pontiac is dropping the washboard siding and finned spoilers I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see a more aggressive version of the Cobalt. The SS version should be nice to see.

GM seems to be making some pretty interesting descisions recently, I've heard the name Camaro pop up alot recently... I have owned two Fords now, but I'd love to see GM make my next choice a hard one In the end we'll all benefit.

N
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
Originally posted by Nate'sTour:

In the end we'll all benefit.

I couldn't agree more. I've been surfing and so far nothing on Pontiac getting it. With their Vibe they might opt out, but I think that would be the worst idea ever. They may wait a year then decide to make a Pontiac version.

What would they call it?
Sunburn
Sunspot
Sunshade
Sunbeam...

that's a whole different post..

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Most import cars I have drivin always had the "Service Engine Soon" or the CEL, therefore I stay away from them. GM is not my favorite, but I just think my Contour is still nicer. And I will stay with that contour. Also the Focus is a nice car, I would buy one, but I dont have enough money for one.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard