Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
As for your CEL codes, I would start here: TB cleaning

When done, reset your computer & if the CEL comes back, get the codes read & we'll go from there.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
would cleaning the throttle body help clear 0420 and 0430 codes. I dont want to replace the cat just yet if I dont need too. I am overdue on emmissions. please help

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
There are two things I would do before I replaced any cats:

1. TB cleaning.
2. Change out the plugs for some Autolite APP764 double plats.

Do each one & then reset your computer.

I can't say for sure if these will cure it, but they will CERTAINLY give you a more complete combustion and optimize the function of your existing cats.

TB cleaning can be done in a hour or so, & is relatively easy for the do-it-yourself novice. Total cost about $3 for some TB cleaner. Don't use regular carb cleaner, get TB cleaner.

Sample cleaning

Spark plugs will cost you about $4 each. You know how those are installed now.

If this fails, Buckshotmotorsports.com offers "optimized" manifolds for about $80 a pair that some happy CEGers might help you install - MIL eliminators & all.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
H
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
H
I will clean out the tb but will hold off on the sparkplugs. they are not fouling out right now. What I did get from the car was a rattling sound when I punch the trottle. This was before I changed the plugs and now. It could be the tb. I will clean the tb and see what happens. I am over due my emmissions since 12/17/03. I want to get this licked without having to spend a "g". thanks for all your suggestions. I will also be replacing the water pump belt and changing the oil at the same time.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard