Next Thread
Print Thread
R
RFBrown Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
R
This is more out of curiousity, but if you guys think it would work, i might get it a try.

http://asianwolf.com/item.jhtml?UCIDs=1068694|1069136&PRID=1263192

Let me know what you think.
happy holidays

'99 SE Sport High beam in low beam mod â?? cool blues, Fog light fix, De-badge, Full Size Spare, K&N drop in Working on Panic into one-touch
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Well first, if your car has PATS, then it's tough for people to just hotwire it, you would need a chipped key to start it. And if you're worried about people somehow getting your key then trying to start your car, just wire a kill switch into the fuel pump line, you can tap the wire at the inertia switch in the driver footwell (i don't believe that there would be too many adverse effects from this; but someone will probably correct me if needed). Another thing, i would think that any dedicated thief could just yank that keypad out and mess with it that way. If you really feel the need, i believe that a hidden kill switch would be better; but i guess that thing is alright if you want it for the novelty or whatever.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Or you could wire a kill switch to the clutch switch.

it works on ground being made when you push the clutch, and sends that ground to the starter... if you wired a switch in series, and left it off, there would never BE a ground, and therefore the starter wouldn't turn, at least I wouldn't think it would..

correct me where I am wrong...

thanks.. Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
You could still push-start the car however.

I have a "silencer" alarm on my '96 Contour, and all it does it inhibit the starter. You can still push start it.

(I think that silencer alarm is going to go away when I get the 99m03 wiring harness replacement recall done. I won't miss it).

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard