Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Hey, all! As the title would suggest, I finished installing my Eibachs and Konis -- tonight at 23:00! ...and I got back from my test drive at 23:50 -- 30 miles later. Anyway, I started the fronts last week, and completed them and the Energy Suspension sway bar bushings late-late Thursday night -- but in time to make it to the DYNO on Friday afternoon! A friend of mine had some '03 Cobra 'Stangs he was dynoing, and they had room to fit me in too! Sooo that was way-cool. It was $50 for 3 pulls -- a great deal, from what I've heard, and read on here. I think they charge $75/hr to set up on the dyno and do mods and dyno pulls to see what changes with each mod. Anyway, to plug them, the name of the place is Torque Freaks, on Airport Way in Portland, 503.256.6336. They're cool, and have a nice, clean shop. They have an in-floor DynoJet unit, and two large floor fans to blow on the front of the vehicle for cooling. Anyway, my best run was 154.85HP and 150.00TQ. The TQ was above 125 from ~1600-~6250RPM, and was down to ~105 at fuel cut-off (7000RPM). The only mods I've done are the drop-in K&N air filter, and cut the shaft down on the throttle body.

As for the suspension, the car seems much more willing to turn-in -- and KEEP turning in! It seems to stick much better in front now. I think it dropped about 1.25" front (quick check last week), and I'm not sure about the rear yet. (I measured before, but haven't checked after yet.) I also installed the BAT camber/caster kit last week on the front. I have it set (by eyeballing it) fully to reduce the caster now, with no camber change. It looks like it may have a tiny bit of negative camber the way it sits. I still need to get it aligned, and get some exact numbers. Even with the adjustment set the way it is, I still have some caster, and I'm hoping that reducing it like it is will help reduce the inside/outside edge tire wear. It still seems to self-center the steering just fine too.

Anyway, just thought I'd give an update! Oh, I still have to install my DMD, and front Energy Suspension urethane motor mount insert...

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
SWEEET...will those hold up all those antennas?! You should come up to one of the Seattle area meets...that or PIR sometime.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Hhhmmm... Is there any chance that dyno place would give a GROUP RATE??? Even if not, between the new cat back (thank you exhaust specialties in SE Portland) and the RU-3530 (thanks mcgainer) I'm gonna be pretty curious myself soon.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by PDXSVT:
Hhhmmm... Is there any chance that dyno place would give a GROUP RATE??? Even if not, between the new cat back (thank you exhaust specialties in SE Portland) and the RU-3530 (thanks mcgainer) I'm gonna be pretty curious myself soon.

I know when I dyno'd with a group they charged us the normal rate. So say we have 5 cars or so we should easily be done in under 3 hours so figure $45 or so a piece for 3 pulls.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Dyno places are almost always willing to do something for a group. Good luck at the dynos.

LMAO at Shotwell Nice crack about Marty's antennas.

Marty, what do you have your Koni's set at? I found a nice comfy setting and have left 'em at that for a while now. But, when playing around, I was amazed at how responsive the struts (and car) are when the rebound is cranked up!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Hey congrats Marty. Gotta be more careful on the driveways now huh? lol. Setup sounds awsome, cant wait to see it!

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
G
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
G
LOL! Sheesh! Yes, the springs are holding up well so far under those antennas. Hopefully the antennas will hold up okay with the higher cornering forces I can generate now! Yes, I intend to go back to PIR in 2004 -- especially since I never made it there at all in 2003! I hope to make it to the next Seattle meet too. Maybe we can get a few of us to cruise up there.

Bob: I don't know about the group rate at the dyno -- ya might give 'em a call and see. I guess I shoulda thought of asking when I was there. Doh.

Derk: I still just have the struts set at the softest setting. I was gonna drive with that a bit to get used to it, and then try crankin' them up a bit.

Toby: Yes, I am being more careful than before going into driveways and junk like that. I wish they'd learn to make those things more lowered-vehicle friendly... Oh, and death to speed bumps!

Happy cruising!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Originally posted by GrooveNerd:
Anyway, my best run was 154.85HP and 150.00TQ. The TQ was above 125 from ~1600-~6250RPM, and was down to ~105 at fuel cut-off (7000RPM). The only mods I've done are the drop-in K&N air filter, and cut the shaft down on the throttle body.

That's it? Are those corrected numbers or not?

Most stock SVT's dyno at 160-165hp.

My car (SE with SVT airbox and exhaust) dynos at around 150...

Something ain't right!

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'll want to hear what you run your Koni's at also. Mike and his buddy Chris got my rear Konis in, and thanks to Corey, I'll soon have two fronts to put in.

Meanwhile, I got an Aussie bar installed today, but have not yet had time to play with it. I can tell I need a tiny bit more grease in the new bushings. Turns out one of the stock mountings for the stock sway bar was broken. Maybe this will solve my rear tire rub issues.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
U got any pics Marty? Also do the koni adjustatbles make the car a lil bit more lower also with the springs? when set at firm?

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard