Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hi All,

I am experiencing a new problem with my 95 V6 MTX with 178,000 miles.

In normal driving I typically shift around 4000 RPMs. Recently, when I engage the clutch around 4000 RPMs, the engine surges up about 300-500 RPMs. If I hold the clutch in, the engine will hang at this surged speed and eventually drop.

I have had the car for nearly 100,000 miles, and this has not happened before. As a result, I don't believe this is the typical TH problem. This is a new problem.

This problem does not appear to happen in the lower RPMs, and there is no TH. I am wondering if it is related to the secondaries at all since it appears to happen around 3500-4500 RPMs. I haven't paid attention when shifting higher than that.

I do not have a CEL.

Additionally, I think this problem only occurs when the temperature is in the teens. Also, it will occur whether the engine is cold or warm.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
have you checked to see if the secondaries are opening?

While running, rev the engine to above 3800 RPM and watch to see if the linkage moves back and forth.

You know where the linkage is don't you?

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard