Page 1 of 2 1 2
#820345 12/15/03 08:43 AM
J
js139 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Well, we had our meet on the 13th. Needless to say, this one was a flop.I met up with Llane at Southcenter and we drove up to Everett. When we got there, we waited and nobody else showed up. Llane and myself talked for a while and waited till ten, and then we went and got a look at some new cars for sale and sat and got something to eat. We discussed a few things and changes that i think will be implimented as a result of our turnout. I was VERY dissapointed that nobody showed up, especially because of two main factors.

1.) i was displeased because at least two other people confirmed the meet and i had a few possibles, and nobody showed. if you aren't going to make it, then please do not confirm.
2.) i am also displeased because of the simple fact that i had TWO people that wanted to come but couldn't because it was on a SAturday and they had to work. The reason for the Sat meets is that the majority wanted them on that day. if nobody is going to show, then i will move the meet to a different day when people will actually show up.

i said all that to basically say this. Our next meet will be held on a Sunday to try and accomodate other CEGers that are anxious to show at a meet and I am anxious to meet and see there cars. I would like it that nobody gets left out, but i will not continue to hold Saturday meets for people that no-show. i am sorry if others will be unable to attend, but i hope that others will be able to come with the date change (this goes to the people wanting evening meets. we will do something when it stays lighter longer in the evening. i haven't forgot about you guys either).

I do apologize for the negative tone, but it was dissapointing after a 45 min. drive up there. i do also understand the reasons for people not showing up. It was rainy and i know the CEG site was down. To clarify on those reasons, we will never cancle a meet due to rain, and as far as being able to contact us through the site, i cannot help that. Llane and myself have made all of our contact information easily available and are more than willing to take a call or email. Llane has some other ideas as well and will be posting on those soon.

Our TENATIVE date for the next meet will be Sunday January 18. more information will come as it gets closer. this one is in Olympia. Please make your plans ahead of time and try to be able to make this meet.

Thanks to everyone and i hope you ALL HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

Jeremy Plank Black 2000 SVT Born on 12/14/1999 #926 of 2150 Tinted windows, CEG Decal b&m(shortly), Rear SVT BAdge Painted grilles,pre98 sail panels, Kenwood KDC-X859 MP3 deck Kenwood MP3 Changer, Infinity Basslink New Motegi FF5s Hyperblack
#820346 12/15/03 04:41 PM
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I should be able to make the Sunday meets and off the top of my head, Jan 18th sounds fine. I'll confirm later.

95 SE Modded - Gone 98 E0 Black SVT - Gone 98 se sport - Broken 00 T-Red SVT - Nice
#820347 12/15/03 07:19 PM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I am sorry I did not make it on Sat.
I lost my father Friday night around 11:00PM.
I Was working on my car all day friday cleaning every detail looking so forward to this meet, and ofcourse the worse news a son could hear I got.
Sorry it was a flop.
Talk to you soon guys.
Shane

#820348 12/15/03 09:28 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Hey, just curious whats up with the meets.... i saw u had one on te 13th, what is it really? just curious, i drive a 1998 Contour SE, and wanting to really put a lot into it and wondering if you could help or know someone who could, and let me know about the meet stuff... thanks

Aaron

#820349 12/15/03 10:36 PM
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
Hey, just curious whats up with the meets.... i saw u had one on te 13th, what is it really? just curious, i drive a 1998 Contour SE, and wanting to really put a lot into it and wondering if you could help or know someone who could, and let me know about the meet stuff... thanks

Aaron

Hey, welcome to the board. You'll find all the information you need about modifing the Contour on here. I don't know what you mean by "a lot", but probably the biggest bang for your buck mod would be a 3L conversion if your SE is a V6. You can find used 3L's with under 10K miles on them for below $600. If you're just doing a straight swap, I'm sure you can get away for under $1500 for the swap. This engine is out of the Taurus or Escape. Just be sure on the Taurus that you're getting the Duratec version and not the Vulcan motor. Anyway, there is a 3L forum to discuss that. There's also a lot less expensive mods that can give you good results, but the 3L will bring you up to the 200hp mark up from 170hp and I believe 200ft-lbs of torque too. Anyway, look around have fun and show up to one of the meets, I'm sure you'll have fun.

Well onto the original intent of this post...

Don't get too discouraged JS139. I think between the hollidays and the bad weather it is much harder to pull people to the meets. I here what you're saying about people saying they'll be there and then they don't show (however there are definitely more important things to worry about in life). For all of you out there that haven't planned a meet or even attended one, I don't think you realize how much effort has to be given. I myself I have planned 2 or so meets, both of which have been fairly successful, but it took a lot of my time to do so. I have a few tips for those of you wanting to plan meets that seem to have worked well in the past:

1. Have one person, maybe 2 depending on how large the meet is making the calls on when, where and what to do. You have to put your foot down and just tell people the way it is going to be, you can't please everyone as you've already figured out. If 8 people are trying to have a say in what should be done, nothing will get done. You seem to be doing very well on this one.

2. Have an agenda! Tell people where to meet, what time, and have a pretty concrete plan on what you are doing.

3. Give plenty of notice! Both of my meets that I've planned and a couple of other peoples meets that have been successful have given almost a month notice if not more.

4. Show up! Obvisouly the person planning the meet better show up.

You're well on your way to having a good meet on the 18th. Infact I was planning on getting a meet together in Portland either that weekend or the next, so maybe I can convince some of the Oregonians to make a drive towards Olympia. I'm sure 2-3 or us would probably be able to make it up that direction.

Unless the weather is good, going on a drive would kind of suck. I suggest possibly some indoor go-karting to kill some time (if there is any around there). Also lunch and obviously the hanging out talking about cars thing.

Good luck! You can PM if you want to or just make a new thread about the meet.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
#820350 12/16/03 12:37 AM
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
Originally posted by Shane27:
I am sorry I did not make it on Sat.
I lost my father Friday night around 11:00PM.
I Was working on my car all day friday cleaning every detail looking so forward to this meet, and ofcourse the worse news a son could hear I got.
Sorry it was a flop.
Talk to you soon guys.
Shane

Sorry to hear that Shane, my prayers are with you and your family. Take care.

#820351 12/16/03 03:11 AM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Sorry to hear about your father, my prayers go out to him and your family.
Yea Qbert is right, the meets he has planned( iv only gone to one of his) have been awsome, and well if u guys up in WA are plannin a meet that date i think i could make it to that one, id bring some people down here in my town up there, meet up with Qbert and others possibly, hell, it may be a pretty decent turn out, just let people know for sure whats goin on wayyyy ahead!

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
#820352 12/16/03 04:25 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
As for the planning ahead, We have doen all the measures to tell everyone when they will be as, they are the second saturday, now changing to the second sunday of every month. Months 1, 4, 7, and 10 are in Olympia, Months 3, 6, 9, and 12 are in Everett, and Months 2, 5, 8, and 11 are in Tukwilla. Thew dates have been set far in advance. If anyone is to cancel Jeremy or I would appeciate being called, so we don't have to waste are time. Example. I myself was asked to work overtime on Saturday. I said, I can't because I have plans with some friends I haven't seen in a while. So my boss said okay. I would have go to make almost 200.00. This weekend, instead I wasted my time, my money, and didn't get money I could have had if someone would have called. I have 3 people I know who can give decent excuses of why they decieded not to show up, or couldn't. Lance and his lovely wife, the server of course. 1andonlysvt, did but we messed up times when we were gonna meet to drive to south center mall. My fault. And, i don't remember your SN, but, the son, that had his father pass away. (RIP, and good luck). If you guys are gonna be late, can't find it, don't want to go, to tired, or whatever the reason is, Call and Tell us, post it here, email us. Don't fear us. As we also have lives just like you do. Sometimes things just aren't gonna work that day as planned. Like, I was to tired once, so I called and said, hey I am not coming. Nobody [censored] me out, nobody was mean to me. Nobody will be mean to any of you for telling us you can't come. Yes dissapointment that 1 less person is coming will happen. But, atleast we know what to expect.

I am not trying to be mean to anyone here. So please don't take it that way if you feel upset. if you do or want further explaination of this. PM or post here. And, i will talk about whatever is needed/wanted. As for everyone if you guys could PM your cell numbers with name to Jeremy and I, we are gonna call people the night before and verify meets, this is the only time you will recieve calls from us. Don't worry no plans on selling your numbers. If you guys say your coming, we will call and verify the night before. If you still don't show up with saying you were gonna the night before, we will call you during the meet just to make sure nothing crazy happened on the way down or during the night that wouldn't give you a chance to call. (accident, death in the family, to tired, or whatever else)

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#820353 12/16/03 05:38 AM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
The way I see it is that the fewer the meets, the more likely people are to show up.

I've been to 3 in my lifetime, and all 3 were memorable because there was such a great turnout. I think between 9-12 cars each time.

I look forward to a spring or summer 2004 meet, hopefully in Vancouver (BC). I've been down as far as Portland for a meet, how 'bout having one up in my country??

Maybe we can sync it up with some driving event at the raceway in Abbotsford or is it Mission.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
#820354 12/16/03 07:38 AM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Vancuver BC eh? That sounds like fun, iv only been there once, it would be awsome to go up there! Have our own little SpringZing is it? Vancity, good sights right? But if i were to go up for a meet, itd have to be like a weekend trip, i wouldnt just want to drive up for 1 day. Have some events planned out ya know? for like 2 days or so. Anyways just my lil input.

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard