Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
who's hit some of these roads!?!?! any new stories??

i need new tires... i'm gettin old, i have 40K on one set of tires!!!

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
wow. ive never actually read this thread and am suprised its so short. no mention of some of the really great roads around here..

Decker Canyon aka Hwy 138(?). its where we've had our two recent ceg runs. its pretty long. about 20 minutes or so to get through. pretty much all 2nd/3rd gear run with some crazy turns and no guardrails so dont get toooo crazy or youre goin over! one end is at PCH and the other turns into Thousand Oaks Blvd in Thousand Oaks. make sure you bring gas!!

Stunt Rd. i havent been there yet but i hear it runs into Decker Canyon about half way through. supposedly crazy/dangerous. a friend of a friend just (2 months ago) crashed his 06 Evo IX there.

Santa Susana Pass in Chatsworth. Its the first street you come to when exiting off of the 118 freeway. it will take you through the mountain all the way to Simi Valley. it lasts only about 10 minutes but is very fun. good traning ground. youll see a few hipo cars and bikes up there practicing. and unfortunately a few regular cars will get in the way too can be taken at a faster speed that the above mentioned since the turns arent so hairpin/blind. 2nd/3rd gear. i LOVE this road since its only minutes from my house. i test all my new gear there.

Topanga Canyon from Malibu to the valley. this would be the BEST road if it wasnt for all the [censored] traffic! unfortunately you can actually go through faster at night, but its more dangerous (naturally). unfortunately its more of a nice leisurely cruise most of the time.

Kanan Dume from Agoura to Zuma Beach. sweet road for some nice WOT driving but unfortunately filled with CHP and LASD! you almost always see someone in a fast car getting a ticket. near the end the lanes get wide and you can get to 4th/5th with no worries. LOTS of passing lanes

Malibu Canyon Ive only been to this one a few times. lots of twisties and was fun. pretty popular road so probably some traffic and po-po.

Angeles Crest Highway aka Hwy 22(iirc?) off of the 210 in Montrose, irrc. i met the Focus group for a spirited drive through this. VERY nice. some wide turns and long "straights". mixed driving. you can hit high speeds but look out for the occassional copper. upon our exit(return) one of my friends was pulled over speeding (and he couldnt even keep up with us!!) but was let go with just a warning. amazing views and youll see everything from high speed crotch-rockets to harleys to Lotus, hondas, mustangs, etc... there is a nice restaurant half way up that all the speed guys hang out. kinda like in the game "Road Rash" lol. the parking lot is almost like a car show. you can drive this road all the way to Palmdale if you like, which some did. i think this is where we should have our next SoCalCeg run.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
steve, decker canyon is rt 23 FYI (rt 23 south from 101)

i love topanga canyon but the traffic does suck, take OLD topanga canyon that interects in the middle of topanga and its even better! almost no traffic and it has even more insane off-camber turns.

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
oh yeah. i was trying to remember what it was!
hwy 138 is "death ally" through Palmdale to the 15.

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I enjoyed driving to Bakersfield from LA early in the morning. Really pretty sunrise.

I also like driving from the San Fernando Valley (i.e. Woodland Hills) and taking the street to Culver City (where I used to live). Particularly at sunset.

Driving to Ventura County (NAWS Point Mugu) from Woodland Hills is also kinda cool, but it's REALLY LONG.

I also love PCH.

Long Beach is pretty at all hours, especially sunset.

From LA to Fontana early in the morning is also cool.

Palmdale is also nice. I have a few pics, actually. Have to post them.

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
For you guys that live in San Jose area...

Go down 680 to milpitas...take the Caleveras exit towards the mountains...and just keep going. Then take a left on Caleveras when it branches off...

You'll end up in Sunol 30 mins later...it's one of the scariest roads in the area because it's only 1 lane 80% of the time and half the areas dont have guard rails!

theres also a nice view of a resivoir so bring a camera...5 mins away from home and its like a different world!

Expect to waste 1/4 tank of gas and make sure you have good tires...it's REALLY windey.

The first time I drove it a mazda protege was keeping up with me...

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
any new roads found since February?

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard