Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
People... I hurt my baby.... When I was replacing my Fuel Filter, Autozone said "replace the PCV valve too!" it wasnt too expensive so I did it.
anyway, It took me over an hour to get it off... such a pain. Then I got the new one installed, and all ready, I go to take the car off the ramps (The car drove up the ramps with no problem.) I go to start the car, she starts up nice, BUT! car idled horriably!! And the RPM was very high.... (i have no Tach) I dont know what I did... I pulled the hose connected to the PCV off, used a flat head to try and pry off the old one, all the cables are connected. Soooo, the Car will not go down to a normal idle speed. I Am so angry at myself for what I have done, But I know here is the best place to start...

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
go back and double check that you did not pull off a vacuum line and never put it back on???? sounds like a vacuum leak when you have a high RPM's on the engine... hope this helps.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Vacuum Hoses are fine, if this helps, heres the steps I took in order
1. Take off Air cleaner system
2. Ramped up the car without hte Air cleaner, which worked fine.
3. Unplugged the car's battery
4. Went under the car, couldnt get the PCV valve hose off, and pryed it off from above the car with a screwdriver, that got that off
5. Got the PCV Valve off
6. Put the new one on
7. Had trouble gettin the hose reassembled so I tried to force push the PCV Connector hose back alittle more towards the PCV valve itself
8. Got it on (it wasnt FULLY on, but it was on most the way)
9. Started car, RPM was high, engine was also rough

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
First of all, take a deep breath and relax. Make sure all the hoses you touched are fully seated around the PCV valve and double check that you did not damage them with the screwdriver. Out of curiosity, was the fuel filter installed in the correct direction?

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Yep! Fuel filter is installed great

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Man, is a double check thing. Don't assume. I work with telecom equipment, and ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS happens that you assume and after you have run(sp?)in circles you get to the same point. And take that deep breath the other guy said.

Pablo Quintana 98 SE Sport Contour Honduras, Central America
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Well, Even if the fuel filter was installed backwards, how come the car ran great for a bunch of miles before, I changed my fuel filter a few days ago, and ran it good, its just today I finally got to the PCV valve

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
How about putting the old PCV valve in? Maybe the new one is broken. Is it a 4 or 6?

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
She is only a 4 Cylinder, I noticed the PCV metal pipe hose is alittle bent inwards (tightened) could that do alot of damage? Maybe just cut it and put a rubber hose if that IS the problem...

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Well, if it is bent maybe is restricting gases flow. Not sure though. What about checking this link:

Link at Autozone

Maybe it'll help.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard