Next Thread
Print Thread
#811113 12/02/03 09:10 PM
Z
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
This is less of a question more of a complaint. About 6 weeks ago my Drivers side Window Regulator went out. Bill Jenkins got me a new one (thanks Bill! still the cheapest best service I've come across.) They are $140.00 each! Now my passenger side has gone out! Anyone else had this problem? Cables seem to go bad and rip up the plastic wheel that the motor turns.

Argh!

'97 Mercury Mystique GS (Not mine anymore...) Now running a Toyota Matrix XR Red, 16" wheels, Sunroof, VVT-i
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I guess I am lucky because only my passenger side one tore up.
Same problem, too.
The braided wire tears up the wheeel that it rolls on to.
You can't fix it either!
I tried!
I cut the bad part of the wire off and re-built the whole spool assemble.
It tore up again after about two cycles of the window.
Ford sells the whole regulator assembl;y for $116.00

DB

O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
wow. I guess I still.... no wait. I don't have it the worse. My pass. side window went out last summer (02 hehe) and I JUST fixed it. I fixed it myself for 50 bucks! This is how.

Go to junk yard and have them get you the whole assembly. 50 bucks for me. Disassemble your door and rip off the foamy stuff. You may want to keep it in one peice so that you can re-use it. Unscrew the three bolts that hold the motor in place (10mm I think) and then undo the two bolts that hold the window onto the bar. (Can't remember the size but I think it was a 9/16) Then take out I believe four more 10mm bolts that holt the rail onto the door. Rip it all out and toss the old assembly away. Put the new assembly in and in this order, re attach the rail to the window. Attach the window to the rail. Attach the motor to the door. Plug the motor in (Make sure not to cut the wires to the motor, that connection does come off!) and you should be set to go. Took me all of 20 minutes.

And my back pass. window went out about 2 weeks ago. I'll be doing this again. lol.

95 Mystique GS Zetec ATX: Dead - Dec 5th, 2003 94 Accord LX 2.2L MTX Non-Vtec. Few bolt ons. 02 Escape XLT 3.0 V6 ATX. This thing has the CD4E in it?! What the hell was ford thinking?

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard