Next Thread
Print Thread
#809121 11/30/03 04:12 PM
Y
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
OK here my issue. I have a 2000 SE Sport. Stock intake track. I want to install the 98 E0 SVT UIM, LIM, TB and #19 FIs. The FIs are the green ones with oval ports. I know that the LIM and FIs will be hard and I need some more parts. I would like to start with the UIM and TB.

Will the SE air tube fit the SVT TB?
Did I need different or new TB clip and/or Throttle cable?
If easier for now does the SE TB fit the SVT UIM?

Does the MAF need to be programed for just #19 FIs?
Does the Fuel return/returnlees type need to be programed?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.
Larry

#809122 12/03/03 11:29 PM
Y
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
Anyone know any of the answers.

#809123 12/04/03 12:13 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Y2k SE Sport:
OK here my issue. I have a 2000 SE Sport. Stock intake track. I want to install the 98 E0 SVT UIM, LIM, TB and #19 FIs. The FIs are the green ones with oval ports. I know that the LIM and FIs will be hard and I need some more parts. I would like to start with the UIM and TB.

Will the SE air tube fit the SVT TB?
Did I need different or new TB clip and/or Throttle cable?
If easier for now does the SE TB fit the SVT UIM?

Does the MAF need to be programed for just #19 FIs?
Does the Fuel return/returnlees type need to be programed?

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.
Larry

why would you want to install the 19lb injectors. your not even close to exceeding the limits of your 16lb injectors.

yes, you can get the air accordian tube to fit if you really really really cram and stretch it over the throttle body. just upgrade to the BAT pipe for $70 instead.

other things youll need is a new TB bracket, throttle cable, throttle position sensor, new TB gasket, new intake manifold gaskets.

Dont mess with swapping your car over from a returnless to a return car. Find yourself a 2000 svt LIM or buy a new LIM from SPmotorsports that comes with a return fuel rail, so you will have to swap your existing one over.

All in all, its a simple project, but the costs of parts is a bit pricey, especially the UIM. Id guess your looking at about $800 new.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
#809124 12/04/03 03:28 PM
Y
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Y
I already have the 98 E0 SVT UIM, LIM, TB, and FIs. Picked the UIM with TB and the LIM with FIs and Rail as a whole. I'm fine with keeping my FIs. I thought they where #17s on non-SVTs. Do you know if I can swap the LIM and use my FIs and Fuel rail?

The TB and UIM have not been removed, so I just want to install as a whole and then address the LIM later. I'm live near Chicago and don't have a garage, It's a little cold out.

I do already have a intake pipe. But it will not clear the non-SVT are box and MAF.

Do you have any part numbers for the TB parts needed?

Thanks

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard