Next Thread
Print Thread
E
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
E
Help Help Help...

I bought some windshield de-icer/solvent.. filled up the res. and now realized that this product sucks ***!
Its leaving a film on the windshield kind of like when you apply Rain-X... that film right before the last part where you take a dry cloth and wipe off the access.... same film. But obviously I can't drive around always wiping off my windshield.

SOOO.... what do ya'all use? HELP!!!!

As well... will I damage anything if I just keep spraying this stuff til the resevior is empty? I don't want to burn out any motors or servos or anything in the process of purging my car of this crap!!!

thanks,

tim.

'97 Contour LX New 2.5 V6 w/ SVT UIM & TB. SVT Exhaust. EO SVT wheels & 98+ deck lid.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I use Rain-X windshield DEicer Fluid. Been on sale for 1.99 all over.
It is especially good if you use Rain-X on the windows as it makes it last longer. But it works well even without Rain-x on the windows.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
E
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
E
does it leave a film making the window look hazy from the inside??? thanks btw.

'97 Contour LX New 2.5 V6 w/ SVT UIM & TB. SVT Exhaust. EO SVT wheels & 98+ deck lid.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The washer fluids with the Rain-X pre-mixed are the best fluids ever. A few cents more than regular fluid and you never have to worry about doing the whole multi-step Rain-X process again.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I use the yellow stuff by Prestone. It seems to have a lower freeze limit than the blue stuff. Something like $2.47/ gal at Wally World.

- Jim Our yardbirds: Belvedere, our '96 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L ATX, 85,000 and going strong Spencer, our '03 Chrysler PT Crusier, 2.4L ATX, 28,000 and just getting started
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ehayden71:
does it leave a film making the window look hazy from the inside??? thanks btw.

Not yet. Been using it 2 seasons. I have gotten films but it was from road oil kicked up by trucks. Risk of lots of highway miles. You can tell because the car gets the oil all over. Lights, paint, its a pain.

Are you sure its the washer fluid and not road oil kicked up?

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Don't ever use that Rain-X [censored]. It smears!!! Use the yellow prestone!

'04 Cobra Convertable!!

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard