Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#803229 11/23/03 11:47 AM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Well my silly 63 year old father went out and found a 1999 SVT Contour Silver Frost (same as mine!) at an auction in Vancouver for about $12k CAD (75k kilometres). He bought it. He doesn't need it, already having a 1994 BMW 540i, a Ford pickup, and a 1960 Pontiac convertible.

So there's two SVTs in the 'family'. Perhaps for a bigger NW-CEG meet I'll bring pops down with me.

Saddest part is I have not driven my SVT for about 4 months, it sits in storage. I have been stationed in Hong Kong for the last 4 months, so I haven't driven in a long time.

Needless to say, I have not driven his car either. He doesn't know anything about the problems of these cars, so I hope he didn't get one with a potentially bad engine...

Kerry

P.S. Lots of cool cars here! Alfas, Peugeots, Renaults, Audi S3, etc, etc. I sat in a New Mondeo Ghia, nice!

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Good to hear from you Kerry! We talked about you at the last Contour meet briefly. I didn't know you were so far away! I'm sure we'll be having a big meet in the spring. Hope you can make it. Definitely bring both cars over. We'll have to get a DMD for that one too!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
How much you looking to spend on the 6 preset fact cd player. Got one from my 95

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by shotwell:
Good to hear from you Kerry! We talked about you at the last Contour meet briefly. I didn't know you were so far away! I'm sure we'll be having a big meet in the spring. Hope you can make it. Definitely bring both cars over. We'll have to get a DMD for that one too!

Hey Mike!

I'd love to come down for a meet. I'm dying to drive --- anywhere.

How's your 2500 rpm vibration?

I've realized how crappy the car selection is in North America. All the really cool cars we cannot have - Mercedes A-Class, Alfa 156 and 164 GTA, Lotus Elise, New Mondeo, Ford Puma with sequential shift!!, BMW 325ti, Renault Laguna (NICE!), on and on. Even the Toyota Corolla is a nice looking car.

Kerry

99 SVT Contour Silver Frost, #365/2760, DMD 98 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Tiptronic, 30V -- SOLD! 91 Isuzu Impulse XS Kammback, Handling By Lotus Victoria, BC, Canada
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by kerrychin:
Originally posted by shotwell:

Hey Mike!

I'd love to come down for a meet. I'm dying to drive --- anywhere.

How's your 2500 rpm vibration?

I've realized how crappy the car selection is in North America. All the really cool cars we cannot have - Mercedes A-Class, Alfa 156 and 164 GTA, Lotus Elise, New Mondeo, Ford Puma with sequential shift!!, BMW 325ti, Renault Laguna (NICE!), on and on. Even the Toyota Corolla is a nice looking car.

Kerry

Yep, definitely good to hear from you Kerry, I was wondering what happened to you.

You can scratch the Elise off the list come 2005, NA will be seeing it! I've heard the A-class is coming too.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I still have the vibration. I haven't bought the DMD yet either. Time has become very scarce lately as I'm working full time away from home, in Oak Harbor WA on Whidbey Island. That's just a ferry ride away! Anacortes is only 15 minutes from here. I plan on getting the DMD and underdrive pulleys for the power steering and alternator sometime early next year. We'll have to meet out on the island...I haven't been out to Victoria in about 15 years!

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
So whats so special about the dmd, what exactly does it do. I really haven't paid much attention to anything that is mtx, since I had my 95 atx and had no reason too.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by auiotour:
So whats so special about the dmd, what exactly does it do. I really haven't paid much attention to anything that is mtx, since I had my 95 atx and had no reason too.

Do a search through the forum for more information on it. Basically it dampens low frequency vibrations caused from high revs. This in turn reduces crank whip and can reduce friction between the crank and the bearings. Why is this good? It saves the bearings from melting to the crank and causing an engine failure. It could possibly produce more power too, even though it weighs more then the stock crank dampner.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
But while the DMD weighs more, the lightened/underdriven ps and alt pullies that were going in a group buy do a nice weight reduction to offset it. And the DMD makes your engine feel very smooooooth pushing up on your tach also.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
awsome, I might have to look into that. thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard