Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Got mine too. Will post the pix later.

I went to install it have almost everything done and ready to go, only to notice one of the bolts were broken. So I am contacting them to see if they will send me a new bolt. I finished the install and without second strut the hood just doesn't sit right. I hope that installing the other one will fix this, as it is very notible and very ugly.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Why not just bop down to the local hardware store and buy one, they should only be about $.25.

Sarge43 "00" Tique 2.0L I4 ATX "98" Mustang 3.8L V6 AT The reason there's so much ignorance is that those who have it are so eager to share it.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
dont know if they would have the exact size that I need, I could check tomorrow though.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I would, it's a lot less hassle and almost instant gratification.

Sarge43 "00" Tique 2.0L I4 ATX "98" Mustang 3.8L V6 AT The reason there's so much ignorance is that those who have it are so eager to share it.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
When I was putting mine on, one of the ball studs on the hood snapped. I don't know if it was bad or I just overtighten it. I sent Redline an e-mail about it, they answered me the next day. They didn't ask whose fault it was, they just sent me new ones. It took about a week, but they took care of the problem. Good customer relations--I'm going to order a set for my daughter's Grand Am. I'm extremely pleased with the way they look.

PS. I waited until I had the parts before I installed the struts. I hope you didn't screw yours up or mess up the hood by putting on just one side.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
yea, i did it is way off being on straight, Should I remove it? I won't be opening my hood until the part gets here. Redline is also sending me a new part. and supplying me with a torque spec on these things. If you guys dont have a torque wrench, all I have to say is, tighten until it a half turn past not being able to screw it in by hand. thats as tight as it needs to be.

YEa my hood is so out of whack right now. I hope it doesn't leave it like that.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
appearently 1 1/4 of an inch for the bolt that goes in the fender isn't enough. I did mine right, and I notice that the strut wasn't compressing all the way upon shutting, turns out its bending the hell out of the inside of my fender, so I removed it, and Will be installing it else where if I can still. Pisses me off though.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A

I installed the bolt in the wrong [censored] place, no wonder its [censored] up.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by auiotour:
I would have brought the old thread back to life but the search is off right now. Here are the pics from my car. Don't make fun of the holes I drilled. I did them 1 1/4 from the wrong bolt. lol. Of course I redid them afterwards. Redline just sent me my replacement bolt, so now both pieces are installed. Looks great.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard