Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
D
Oh...hmmm...thought you were running 2 channels to your doors wired in parallel and 2 channels bridged to your sub?

A
APT Offline
A
Par/Par/Par, except for at any given frequency, the amp is seeing a minimmn of a 2-ohm load. Getting techincal, I don't know the impedence curve of any of the drivers except the 8" so that's probably not a true statement either.

If you have a Best Buy in your area, they may have some of the "old" looking RF amps around. I have two RF 120s running my subs now...one I bought when it came out($179), and one I bought brand new on clearance there($110). I am very happy with them running in mono to my subs, way better than the old Legacy 500W :rolleyes: I had in my old car. I also have 2 10" subs in only .88 cu. ft. each, it is only goes back 15" which leaves most of the trunk available for the groceries. If you would like to see a picture, go to the sound section on www.fordcontour.org and click on the post about what direction do you face subs. laugh

2000 SE Sport V6
Deep Navy CC Metallic
My 2G Sport
C
C
I-Dom, you might look into pre-made subwoofers if you're on a budget, intend to complete the install yourself and/or haven't donw much of this type of work. You might also consider a subwoofer wiht a built-in amp. Kenwood, SAS Bazooka and JBL make or have made these.

I have a Fosgate amp that bridges to approx. 140 watts (2 ohm) running into a JL Audio microsub 8.2. This system sounds great and should be reproducable for under $500. The subwoofer contains two 8" drivers in a very compact ported box. There are also versions of this with one and three drivers for less and more money, respectively.

My door speakers (Boston Acoustic RS 5.25" components up front and RS coaxials in the rear - all in stock locations) run off of my fairly high-powered head unit and I'm happy with this. This will not annoy as many neighbors as one or more 12" woofers, but it is very tight and goes pretty damn low while the door-mounted components are amazing compared to the stock setup and are completely hidden.

Cason Grover
E0 SVT

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard