Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
OP Offline
I
Hey guys im looking for some more kick/pump out of my system. its got some good bass to it but im looking for more but i also want it clear. i mean when i turn it up its sounds like crap. what i was thinking of doing was to get an AMp-140w. what does an Amp really do for me anyway. where can i get one for cheap but i dont want a cheap one either. This is my set up im running now thanks for any help guys
JVC KD-S550 40X4W Cd Hu
Pioneer Ts-A6865 6X8 3 Ways(all 4 doors)

D
D
Would you consider a subwoofer? The reason I ask is because the 6x8s in your door could reach much louder levels if you could put a high pass filter on them to cut the bass. That way a subwoofer could handle the bottom end.

An external amp will provide better sound than an internal amp because the quality of the amp and especially the power supply is well above that of a HU.

V
V
keeping your budget in mind here; Buy yourself a small s channel amp or a mono amp and buy one reasonable sub. some recommendations. Check out soundstream for a mono amp I know they have one for cheap but I forgot the name. Also MTX has what I think GREAT quality amps for the money. They have one that's like 130.00 or so. I think it's rated at 50x2 and maybe 75 or 100 bridged. Thats really all you need if it's clean power. As far as subs, DAMN there are so many new ones out there and I haven't heard many of them. I personally like JL AUDIO and you can probably get a w0 or w1 series for about 100.00. With that combo I think you'll achieve the sound your looking for. Keep me posted on your ideas and give me a ball park fig. what your budget is. I'll try to help further if I can.

vinny "2000 T-RED SVT"
Mods:
kkm
sho shop off road y-pipe
Audio:
Alpine CDM 7874
Audio Control 4.1 EQ/Line driver
Mb quart rsb 215 comp.
Mb quart rsc 216 comp.
blueprint 1001 sub
2 Phoenix Gold qx2180 amps
I
OP Offline
I
Hey thanks for the info guys. this helps me step in the right direction. ill probley surf the web until i find one that i think will suit my needs. but vinny i think i will follow what you were saying. again thanks for the info

D
D
Quote:
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8:
Hey thanks for the info guys. this helps me step in the right direction. ill probley surf the web until i find one that i think will suit my needs. but vinny i think i will follow what you were saying. again thanks for the info

I feel so hurt....

I
OP Offline
I
frown Im sorry man i didnt mean to offend you in anyway. I know you also know your sht. so heres another question. say i get the amp 1st and then i want the Sub. how hard is it to connect the Sub. i mean the Sub would have to connect to the Amp for power right. is that all i wold have to do is connect it to the Amp or do i also have to run another wire to the Battery. and when i get the Amp should i run it off the HU. or the speakers.sorry for the dum question but i dont know sht about this stuff and thanks for all your help dnewma04 laugh

S
S
You will need to run a power wire from the battery to the amp (where ever you install it) and then a ground wire from the amp to the nearest chassis ground (you can drill a small hole and secure it that way). You will also need to run RCA cables from your head unit to the amp to supply the audio signal. Then you simply connect the amps speaker outs to the sub (in an enclosure of coarse) and you're in business. If you don't know much about doing this I would suggest having it installed by a local shop or something, or maybe a friend that knows how. Hope this helps clear things up, if you have any more questions let me know. smile

Pete
98.5 SVT - Silver Frost
Born 6/4/98 - #6310/6535

"For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them."
I
OP Offline
I
Well the reason i ask is. I will have the Amp put on buy a local shop. but i dont know how hard it would be to hook up Sub. I mean i dont want to pay extra for then putting on a Sub if its easy enough for me to do. but i guess i will have to anyway. I might also ask some of my C-CEgers to help me out with the Sub. but thanks for the Info Pete

A
APT Offline
A
Maybe this can help.

You have two options, as I see it.

First, just buy an amp and use it to drive your current speakers. It's just as Pete says except the you run the speaker wire to back to the front to connect to the door speakers. You'd just splice them into the stock speaker wires for easiest install.

Slightly less work is a sub install, as far as wiring goes. You don't have to run speaker wire all the way back to the front, just a short run to the sub.

Now, you'll get a little more bass than now going the first route, but a 6x8" speaker is not capable of creating a lot of bass, no matter how good. Thus, Dave's (dnewma04) recomendation for a dedicated subwoofer. Depending on how much trunk space you ware willing to give up, you can get a sub and use the amp for it only, and use the head unit for your door speakers. That'd be a relatively easy system to wire (either for yourself or = less money at the audio shop).

M
M
a good place to buy an amp from is http://www.millionbuy.com. check out the legacy amplifiers, they work good and are priced good. you can get a 240watt amp for $49. just thought id let you know.

98 Toreador Red GL 2.0 ZeTec ATX
Hyper White Fog Lights
Xenon Blue Headlights
Interior Blue and Red lights
New Shift knob
Mirror Tinted Windows
Tweeters in all four corners of the ceiling
Kenwood Headunit (KDC-516S)
Cerwin-Vega three way 6x8's
2 MA Audio 12s (12DXi), a 2000 watt amp is on the way.
red brake caliber and drumb brakes
Mesh grills
and other misc. mods
7in widescreen tv with PS2

dmh0401@hotmail.com

http://www.geocities.com/marshlmathrs/My_Contour.html
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard