#796968 11/20/03 05:09 AM
Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Quote:

*It's Alive*
#455633 - 11/15/03 02:31 PM Edit Reply Quote

Well, it has been fired up. I now have (one in a group of many) a 3.0L S/C'd SVT Contour. I think it may be the first of its kind, as it is a 2001 3.0L with the Return Fuel System. The fuel rail looks like Frankenstein. What a job. I think Keith (Street Flight) is still cussing about it. I am still not even sure that the hood will close without hitting. The EGR is sitting very high. I will shout out when it is tuned and I get preliminary numbers. I won't have the true numbers for a few months as I need to break it in properly. Bugs bugs and more bugs to work out. Look out Warmonger! I am aiming for you.

--------------------
Po-Jay
98 E0
92 Isuzu PU (Official SW Beater)
02 XLH1200 HD Sportster
2.5L PARTS O' PLENTY

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
#796969 11/20/03 02:56 PM
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Why would Tom sell you (or anyone) his motor???

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#796970 11/20/03 03:08 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Well,
First off let me say I am back from NTC!! Yay.

Next:
Bring it on baby!!
:P

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#796971 11/20/03 03:31 PM
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by bnoon:

I got bored to be honest.
It's still running great never fear, but I got some new ideas talking with people on CEG and lots of thinking.

I, like Demon am very interested in the benefits of the oval port heads combined with a (functional) dual runner intake system so I am going to head that way.
It has been a hard decision, but I am going to purchase an 01 or 02 3L and start over.
I sold those wonderfull cylinder heads of mine to Jeff along with the the prepped 98 3L short block for a smoking deal! He has an SVT so he can put his own parts together and with the turbo from streetflight he should easily be able to attain equal numbers to what I had before.
If he adds a good set of pistons; which I highly encourage, then he should be able to surpass my old numbers.

I will work some magic on the oval port heads, combine them with my intake system and SVT cams and come out with something equal or better I hope. One main reason I am doing this is so that I can get fuel into both the primary and secondary intake ports all the time to keep the valves clean AND to minimize the hot-cold effect (as I call it). I predict that the standard SVT has a stream of cool air and fuel coming in through the primary runner while a second stream of hot air is coming in through the secondary runner due to the split port and single injector. I want to make the fuel hit both ports so that the whole incoming charge is cooler; hopefully this will reduce chances of pre-ignition/detonation if the whole intake charge is at a lower temp.

I sold the heads and short block for just what I needed to cover investment costs on another motor. I could have auctioned them off but I wanted to help Jeff out and to have this stuff on the down low for a while so I didn't get bombarded with so many choices.

So, the end result is that in about 2-3 weeks the SVT will once again go under the knife and I'll try to create something new.

There are two other goals:
First, I am going to research a way to cheaply turbo the engine with just a smaller crossover pipe, greatly reducing the cost of the piping and hence lowering the cost overall. If this works I will be selling my prototype turbo headers.
Second, I am going to switch MAF's, so I am going to put my $600 Pro-M maf up for sale. For any of you who are going 3L turbo, this or something like it is mandatory for good driveability. Ask Burrita or anyone who saw the videos of how my car runs, it is very much a normal driving car. Most of the tuning problems other people are having are coming from the MAF's being put on the cars and the A/F being off/untuned. I spent a lot of money tuning this bad boy in over at SF and I am willing to sell it with a copy of the best MAF transfer function that I have so that whoever uses it will be able to just have the data burned onto their chip and start rolling.

That's it, when I am sure I am going to replace the turbo piping, then that will also go up for sale.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
#796972 11/20/03 04:36 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
I think your figures are pretty accurate, but I will be running a program that allows advanced timing and Leaner A/F to obtain the numbers. I am no pro in the tuning world, but I have access to Street Flight and the Dyno, so I don't think it will be too hard. I may have to run 109Octane, but I will reach my goal. And safely, I might add. But all of that is irrelevant on our platform due to its un-dragracing friendly suspension. My buddy's WRX STi just ran a 12.92et with less wheel HP than I will have. The best I will hope for is about a 13.40et... From a roll, the car will be really impressive.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
#796973 11/20/03 06:03 PM
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by bnoon:

I got bored to be honest.
It's still running great never fear, but I got some new ideas talking with people on CEG and lots of thinking.

I, like Demon am very interested in the benefits of the oval port heads combined with a (functional) dual runner intake system so I am going to head that way.
It has been a hard decision, but I am going to purchase an 01 or 02 3L and start over.
I sold those wonderfull cylinder heads of mine to Jeff along with the the prepped 98 3L short block for a smoking deal! He has an SVT so he can put his own parts together and with the turbo from streetflight he should easily be able to attain equal numbers to what I had before.
If he adds a good set of pistons; which I highly encourage, then he should be able to surpass my old numbers.

I will work some magic on the oval port heads, combine them with my intake system and SVT cams and come out with something equal or better I hope. One main reason I am doing this is so that I can get fuel into both the primary and secondary intake ports all the time to keep the valves clean AND to minimize the hot-cold effect (as I call it). I predict that the standard SVT has a stream of cool air and fuel coming in through the primary runner while a second stream of hot air is coming in through the secondary runner due to the split port and single injector. I want to make the fuel hit both ports so that the whole incoming charge is cooler; hopefully this will reduce chances of pre-ignition/detonation if the whole intake charge is at a lower temp.

I sold the heads and short block for just what I needed to cover investment costs on another motor. I could have auctioned them off but I wanted to help Jeff out and to have this stuff on the down low for a while so I didn't get bombarded with so many choices.

So, the end result is that in about 2-3 weeks the SVT will once again go under the knife and I'll try to create something new.

There are two other goals:
First, I am going to research a way to cheaply turbo the engine with just a smaller crossover pipe, greatly reducing the cost of the piping and hence lowering the cost overall. If this works I will be selling my prototype turbo headers.
Second, I am going to switch MAF's, so I am going to put my $600 Pro-M maf up for sale. For any of you who are going 3L turbo, this or something like it is mandatory for good driveability. Ask Burrita or anyone who saw the videos of how my car runs, it is very much a normal driving car. Most of the tuning problems other people are having are coming from the MAF's being put on the cars and the A/F being off/untuned. I spent a lot of money tuning this bad boy in over at SF and I am willing to sell it with a copy of the best MAF transfer function that I have so that whoever uses it will be able to just have the data burned onto their chip and start rolling.

That's it, when I am sure I am going to replace the turbo piping, then that will also go up for sale.

Tom

WHAT? Your going with a 3L turbo again but only changing the heads to oval port? No internals, or anything else?

LOL! I'm getting the itch again as well, what will round 2 bring mmm....

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
#796974 11/21/03 12:58 AM
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I've got an idea for round 2...

2002 ZO6...462whp/410wtq pretty darn fast!11.70 @ 122 silver/black 2006 Trailblazer SS(wifes car) silver/black 2000 SVT-Turbo-sold silver/blue #1699/2150 13.83 @ 102.82 on 5psi 13.51 @ 107.56 on 8psi
#796975 11/21/03 01:50 AM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by wavrdr:

Hmmm....wonder what that could be?

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
#796976 11/21/03 04:09 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
Originally posted by wavrdr:

Hmmm....wonder what that could be?

im just finishing up round 1 !!!!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
#796977 11/21/03 11:08 AM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Hehe, I'm all ready on round 3!

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard