S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i think keeping sekrats in the car world is lame as piss anyhow

http://www.fordboyz.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1041#1041

think i'm in over my head yet? i'm sure it'll get worse before it gets better

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
B
Learned patience the hard way
B
Matt,

Why are you using the SVT fuel system or are you just talking about swapping the injectors in? No real reason to swap unless you want to go to return style or something.

As far as pistons go, if the block is toasty enough that you can't use it, I'd bet the pistons are toast too. You might just consider grabbing a set of custom pistons from Keyser. Lastly, if you need bearings let me know.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
its got a real bad rod knock rick.... theories from buddies are conflicting but one of the big motorhead guys in the club thinks that the pistons might be fine so we'll see when we get it ripped out i guess.

would the svt pistons fit in the se block or is the bore different?
also on the fuel system... want to use the svt ecu... have to, because of the 5spd, and the svt ecu wont deal w/ the returnless fuelsystem my 00 has from my understanding. what all is going to be involved in a full swap?

and yes i plan to have the fordchip.com guys dyno tune the car with a delta chip.

street motor fast, 93oct, and strip fast nitrous race gas.

and yes i need bearings i was told about locking bearings or something, dont know if they're made for the tour but if they are i think i want those no?

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
its got a real bad rod knock rick.... theories from buddies are conflicting but one of the big motorhead guys in the club thinks that the pistons might be fine so we'll see when we get it ripped out i guess.

would the svt pistons fit in the se block or is the bore different?
also on the fuel system... want to use the svt ecu... have to, because of the 5spd, and the svt ecu wont deal w/ the returnless fuelsystem my 00 has from my understanding. what all is going to be involved in a full swap?

and yes i plan to have the fordchip.com guys dyno tune the car with a delta chip.

street motor fast, 93oct, and strip fast nitrous race gas.

and yes i need bearings i was told about locking bearings or something, dont know if they're made for the tour but if they are i think i want those no?

Rod knock normally won't kill the pistons, you never know until you open it up. The bore changed in 2000, from '99 previous. 2000 pistons can only be used in a 2000 block. All other years should enterchange. Guess you can't swap them into your block if it's not a 2000 SVT... without an overbore anyway... if the 2000 block can be overbored enough...

Bearing options are pretty much OEM Ford main and rod bearings, Clevite 77 rod bearings (mains still not out yet last I heard), or Federal Mogul main and rod bearings.

Fuel system will need to be changed out if your donor car isn't returnless. If the donor is a returnless, than all you will need to change is the injectors. If not, then plan on a fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel rail, fuel pump, fuel pump wiring... Purge/recovery tank,... etc, etc...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
yeah, figured on that fuel system swap... even down to the tank though? that crazy eh?

thanks for the info guys, rick what kinda bearings ya got? i want to replace them as preventative maint. mine seem to be fine, no knock on the 2.5l motor

B
B
I've got the clevite rod bearings. I've got a couple sets coming in at the end of the week if you're interested. Otherwise we can get to them after I get back in the middle of December. Just PM me for price info.

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
yeah, figured on that fuel system swap... even down to the tank though? that crazy eh?

Yeah, not worth it to change it out for no gain in performance. Waste of time. Go through Keyser and get your ECU reflashed for a 5 speed instead. Lots less headache...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
who? can he flash for specs? like svt heads/cams/upper/lower intake + injectors and the 5spd?

B
B
Keyser is the guy who does Street Flights chips. Look him up by that user name and drop him a PM. He can burn for just about anything.

Rick

S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
spensive?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard